Beardie in a HS Chem Lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

I am a high school STEM teacher who calls a chem lab home. Some of the chem lab is no longer in-service - including the gas lines have been permanently disconnected. HOWEVER, the chemical closet is full of lots of different chemicals/elements. The chem closet is behind a locked door, but obviously not air tight. I do not run chemical experiments in the lab, but there is an honor's chem class (different teacher) who comes over for a period maybe a couple times/month. I really want to get a 2nd enclosure for at school (he would go home with me daily, so it would ONLY be during somewhat warm months). Any day that I know that there is an experiment going on, and thus extra chemicals would be in the air, I would leave him at home.

Would it be safe for me to bring him to this environment? I wish that I was in any room but the chem lab, because I have always wanted to bring my beardie to work with me, but will not jeopardize his health!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are relatively small so chemicals in the air may have a more pronounced effect on them. It's probably best to avoid exposure to that environment but if you do I would limit the time there and avoid being there until after the room has been ventilated after chemicals have been in use.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
All chemical work and experiments SHOULD BE DONE in a properly designed and operating fume cupboard.

I don't like the idea of a reptile being forced to live in a classroom , so leave bearded dragon where it will be happiest , ie , at home .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom