My mom won’t let me take my BD to the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I got my BD in May and when I got him I asked my mom “ what happens if he gets sick” or something and I was asking if she would take him to the vet and she said no “ because he’s a lizard” and now I’m freaking out bc what if something bad happens.. plus he’s had really watery poop and smells like death and I searched that on this website and ppl said parasites and said take to the vet and ofc I can’t bc my moms an ass so idk what to do

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, try not to worry too much right now, your beardie may have parasites but is he otherwise acting O.K and is he eating ? Can you post pics of your set up ?

Tell your mom [ but be respectful ] that beardies get worms just like cats + dogs and they may need to be dewormed. One of the mods. on this site sells Panacur [ for pinworms ] as well as Toltrazuril [ for coccidia ] Pinworms + coccidia are the 2 most common parasites that b.d.'s carry, so you can order the meds. from Drache613 [ Tracie ] with instructionson dosing and then you'll be set. The meds. are very inexpensive. Here is the website :

http://www.bugdelite.com/

Mybeardeddragon

Original Poster
AHBD":31i1pjup said:
Hi there, try not to worry too much right now, your beardie may have parasites but is he otherwise acting O.K and is he eating ? Can you post pics of your set up ?

Tell your mom [ but be respectful ] that beardies get worms just like cats + dogs and they may need to be dewormed. One of the mods. on this site sells Panacur [ for pinworms ] as well as Toltrazuril [ for coccidia ] Pinworms + coccidia are the 2 most common parasites that b.d.'s carry, so you can order the meds. from Drache613 [ Tracie ] with instructionson dosing and then you'll be set. The meds. are very inexpensive. Here is the website :

http://www.bugdelite.com/
I don’t know how to post pictures, but yes he’s acting normal and he is still eating very well

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Do you get pocket money , or an allowance from mum (& and dad) ,or from doing odd jobs like car washing, weeding, lawn care for the neigbours …. or from a parttime job (flipping burgers, checkout chick/boy, shelf packer, collecting recycleable stuff like bottles, cans etc) ?

Set some of it aside each week and that way if the dragon gets sick or injured (it happens) you will be able pay for the vet yourself or a big part of it (mum may be more amenable to taking your pet lizard to the vet in his situation).

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with the good advice from previous poster, earn a little money if you can.

Good to hear that dragon is well , take good care of him + you'll lessen the chance of preventable health issues. And here is how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom