Beardies and essential oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know anything about Beardies and essential oils? I know certain oils are toxic to cats, so I'm trying to find out if there are any toxic to beardies. I want to make sure I'm extra careful if there are. Thanks!

Lorelai3777

I definitely would not diffuse anything in the room they are kept! Or have any on your hands when feeding/handling. However, I have a pretty good story. We had two babies(siblings) together in a 75 gallon tank. We were waiting for them to get a certain size before separating.. but one day, one of them grabbed the back toes of the other. We immediately separated them.. but the poor baby had major damage to two toes. The vet said to use Neosporin.. but he still bled for 2 days so I looked up the toxicity of Helichrysum oil(pure), there was none.. so I tried a drop diluted with coconut oil on the poor toes. Within the hour, the bleeding had stopped and our beardie healed very well.

We diffuse a lot. No issues. I only use Young Living because I have researched extensively into oils and they are the most transparent about their sourcing with an open door policy, so no toxic additives. I used very diluted Lavender and Oregano with coconut oil when my littlest dragon started loosing the tip of his tail due to a kink likely acquired right after hatch from a nip. I diffused right on top of my juvenile dragon when she started mild RI symptoms(likely aspirated water in her bath). The combo I used then was Oregano and an oil blend called Raven. Because there is very little data on what oils could be toxic to dragons, always go slow, dilute and use caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom