Bearded Dragon Network on FB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
I just discovered this group on FB the other day that has some helpful files. However, I was banned because I disagreed with a moderator --- I offered to a newbie, as a rule of thumb, to just avoid lettuce and spinach. There are so many OTHER types of veggies that are great for your beardie that you can hold lettuce and spinach completely off your menu and still feed a very well-balanced diet.

After saying that, the moderator chimed in that lettuce (even, specifically, iceberg lettuce) is very nutritious for your beardie and that I was just plain wrong. I was then told to stop spreading incorrect information and banned from the group. As a high school teacher, dealing with people in that manner is infuriating - they are treating me like a first-grader.

Beware!!

Hahaha, we can be monsters when given a little power. I wouldn’t think of it as being treated like a child though. It’s just very hard for some people to accept that they’ve been wrong about something—especially when called out in a public forum. Banning the individual/information is an easy-to-do emotional response. Too bad for the lizards stuck with the close minded. Hopefully, your interaction will lead someone to a simple google search and maybe some good will come out of it all.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I stopped using FB over 10 years ago :

> because they are too invasive
> they don't moderate their site properly
> too many trolls inhabit the FB universe
> and I don't like my information being used without my permission
> I don't like being bombarded with requests to be friended by total strangers , and don't much care for like counts..

So on that basis , I'll stick with message boards like this one.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SydneyGaia":llgxzh4z said:
I just discovered this group on FB the other day that has some helpful files. However, I was banned because I disagreed with a moderator --- I offered to a newbie, as a rule of thumb, to just avoid lettuce and spinach. There are so many OTHER types of veggies that are great for your beardie that you can hold lettuce and spinach completely off your menu and still feed a very well-balanced diet.

After saying that, the moderator chimed in that lettuce (even, specifically, iceberg lettuce) is very nutritious for your beardie and that I was just plain wrong. I was then told to stop spreading incorrect information and banned from the group. As a high school teacher, dealing with people in that manner is infuriating - they are treating me like a first-grader.

Beware!!

I wouldn't go back to that FB page and if you do just refer the FB page owner's "friends" to this board for actually informed discussions.

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2d3y0bx5 said:
SydneyGaia":2d3y0bx5 said:

Beware!!

I wouldn't go back to that FB page and if you do just refer the FB page owner's "friends" to this board for actually informed discussions.

They claim that everything they do and say is based on science... but cannot show me or explain to me what that science is. I can't go back to the page anyway though, since I was entirely banned from even seeing it.

They did have interesting info about thermostats and setting up your viv, though. I really wanted to follow through with all of that, but I guess my beardie will suffer because of their egos.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SydneyGaia":1sutaa8p said:
kingofnobbys":1sutaa8p said:
SydneyGaia":1sutaa8p said:

Beware!!

They claim that everything they do and say is based on science... but cannot show me or explain to me what that science is. I can't go back to the page anyway though, since I was entirely banned from even seeing it.

They did have interesting info about thermostats and setting up your viv, though. I really wanted to follow through with all of that, but I guess my beardie will suffer because of their egos.

Set up by a mailorder from home retailer I would bet …. you aren't missing out on anything if they've IP banned you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom