Newbie. Times to feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Hi all. We have had our baby for 3 weeks and usually someone is home to feed him at about 8.30 after his lights have been on for an hour, but tomorrow morning we are both working and our daughter is away , we have to go to work at 6.30 am. So will put his lights on then , The other half finishes at 2 pm so will it be ok to just put veg in for the morning and give him his locusts at 2 ? Thank You

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Some bearded dragons do seem to get stressed if their lights aren't on/off at the same time (or don't follow a clear schedule), but if you need to wake him up a bit earlier once I don't think it'd cause any issues. He might wonder where the locusts are lol, but at least he will have the vegetables to munch on until he can have the bugs.

I've had to wake up my beardie a bit earlier before due to work schedules as well, and he didn't mind as long as he got food :lol:

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank You. We usually switch lights on between 7.30 and 8.30 as my daughter on school hols. Then when she goes back to school it will be between 7 & 7.30. My baby is around 3 to 4 months old he will only eat 5 or 6 medium locusts at a time. We feed him 3 times per day, more if he seems hungry. some of the locusts we have just had delivered are huge and have wings forming. I’m worried they are too big. Supposed to be medium size. And with locusts do you measure the length or the width of them ? . Thought about getting crickets but I don’t like the noise they make or the fact they escape easier. He has wax worms 2 twice a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom