Always wanting to get out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
So hemingway has been moved from my bedroom down to my living room since I’ll be going to college in a few weeks and my parents will be caring for him. It’s been 3 days of him being down here and he was doing great for the first few days. However, today he’s been so adamant about getting out of his cage. He’s been tapping his nose on the glass, scratching at the glass and all that. I do have animals (3 dogs and a cat), Hemingway seems unbothered by the cat and dogs but one of my dogs goes crazy when he scratches and hit his nose in the glass. I did take him out in the sun for a while and when I put him back he went right back to wanting to get out. He’s never had a problem being in his cage before this. Could it just be the new surroundings just stressing him out?

He’s 2 1/2 years old, in a 40 gallon breeder tank, basking temp is about 96-98 F (even tho he usually prefers his basking spot to be cooler he won’t bask if it’s any hotter, we’re working on getting it to stay around 95 F), he eats mainly Dubias and collard greens/escarole and the occasional egg and fruit, I do dust his greens and Dubias occasionally with calcium and multivitamins. He has uvb and goes out in the sun occasionally.

86297-7334456211.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's probably curious about the new environment and wants to explore. Since there are other animals in the house it's best not to let him roam around unless you can keep the other animals secured in a different room for a while. Cat attacks can be especially nasty. Time outside in the sun is great too. He'll eventually settle down if you can't let him out but just do what you can to let him roam safely when possible.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’ll definitely let the animals outside and let him run around a little bit. Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom