colours changed ALOT is this a morph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtxollie1

So when I got ember as an 8 week old tiny thing she was a very boring grey colour and she stayed grey for over a year and so I know it was stress making her a dull colour. It was just her colour. Coming to now, she was hatched in November (on my birthday btw which is cool) of 2016 which makes her 21 months old so nearly 2 and she is an extremely bright orange, like the colour of a sunset and her beard is also like a sunset. I didn’t do anything abnormal to her her diet to change this, it just happened it seemed to be after a shed her true colours came out just randomly it’s hard to explain. She sheds well and had shedded tones of times before this time and nothing happened then blam. Brighter than the sun. Can anyone explain or tell me what this is or how it happened? Thanks, I will add photos when I figure out how

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, here is how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them
I'd love to see your dragon. :)

I raised a lot of very high colored dragons, they don't hardly ever hatch out very bright and may not become bright until half grown. Then it can continue to brighten or may remain the same. It's all in the genetics of the parents , and even then there is a wide variation between the clutchmates [ siblings. ] Here are some babies I hatched + raised but the end result can be much different as seen in the older dragon's pictures. First ones are just days old.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30072/full

They can turn in to this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30023/full

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
She's a normal citrus, and this is very typical of normal citruses. Unlike hypo citruses that start off with bright colors, normal citruses start out dull and slowly over time they get brighter and brighter. That's why normal citrus is my favorite color phase. My girl, Lyrica, is a leatherback citrus and she started off looking almost gray. Now, she's getting brighter with every shed. I suspect she'll be very bright at around six months.

RarestDragon":2qv75ufo said:
She's a normal citrus, and this is very typical of normal citruses. Unlike hypo citruses that start off with bright colors, normal citruses start out dull and slowly over time they get brighter and brighter. That's why normal citrus is my favorite color phase. My girl, Lyrica, is a leatherback citrus and she started off looking almost gray. Now, she's getting brighter with every shed. I suspect she'll be very bright at around six months.

You named your beardie after a fibromyalgia medicine? Lol that's awesome.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
When I got Hiccup at 3 months old he was black / grey--- he is now a orange citrus tiger here is a pic
97951-8911577570.jpg
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom