Sleeping all day in cooler end of vivarium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For around 3 weeks now, my beardy has pretty much spend 90% of his day in the cooler end of his tank. Sleeping but opening his eyes when I open the doors. He’s eating every couple of days. Some days he eats 8 medium locusts and a few morio worms every other day. I haven’t seen him eat his greens on his own, only a couple of times when I hand feed him. I haven’t seen a poop in his tank recently? Unless someone else is clearing it up?

He is around a year old now and practically the same size as my arm!
As for a health check, I don’t see anything wrong here.

Basking temp is 39*c
Cool end is at perfect temp.
UV is Arcadia 30w 10% UVB dessert range with reflector.

He gets 12 hours of light per day, water and greens are changed daily.

At the moment here where I live, we are currently going through summer. 30*c daily. I’ve asked a couple of people and they’re having the same thing with their dragon...

Brumation is not applicable.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Callumbo20":bjhf0gyg said:
For around 3 weeks now, my beardy has pretty much spend 90% of his day in the cooler end of his tank. Sleeping but opening his eyes when I open the doors. He’s eating every couple of days. Some days he eats 8 medium locusts and a few morio worms every other day.
<<< think the diet is not optimal for yearling …. still only a juvenile and still has up to 12 months growth in him …. bugs every day is my recommendation.

I haven’t seen him eat his greens on his own, only a couple of times when I hand feed him. I haven’t seen a poop in his tank recently? Unless someone else is clearing it up?
<<< that's a concern ….
what substrate / bedding is he on ?
Can you feel any hard masses in his tummy ?

He is around a year old now and practically the same size as my arm!
As for a health check, I don’t see anything wrong here.

Basking temp is 39*c
Cool end is at perfect temp.
UV is Arcadia 30w 10% UVB dessert range with reflector.

Re Arcadia-euro-range-desert-10-lamp
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-euro-range-desert-10-lamp/ , these are T8 tubes
how is the reflector attached ? slip on or integrated in a hood ?
how far from the basking spot ?
how old is the tube ?
above or under a mesh lid ?

He gets 12 hours of light per day, water and greens are changed daily.
photoperiod = 12 hours , is short . Your juvenile dragon thinks it's winter , see this for reason :
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236209&p=1815777#p1815777
…. try nudging the photoperiod up by 3 or 4 hours per day IF the temperatures are accurate.

At the moment here where I live, we are currently going through summer. 30*c daily. I’ve asked a couple of people and they’re having the same thing with their dragon...
How are you measuring your temperatures ?
See this , it may give you some clues : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=233516

Are you monitoring temperatures during the day in the room the tank is in …. may well be if it's heatwave conditions during the day , and you are leaving the basking globe on , then the dragon is being overheated (temperatures above 44 degC and the dragons mentioned have lost their ability to thermoregulate (TEMP ZONE A).

<<< if they live nearby , I expect very similar weather …. if their dragons are behaving similarly …. perhaps this is just the dragons sensing the barometric pressure & RH and battening down the hatches expecting bad weather soon
or
if you are all experiencing heatwaves and all making the same mistake of leaving the basking lights on and these dragons are all over heating .

Brumation is not applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom