Beardie won’t do anything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I got my beardie Po about 3 weeks ago, he is 12 weeks old and about 6 inches long. The first day i got him he ate pretty well, but since then he will have on and off days of eating only 8 or up to 20 dubia roaches. I have a 20 gal long tank and a 50 watt halogen bulb for basking, reptisun 10.0 uvb T8 for the other light. He has a basking rock and the temp is 104 on it 98 around the floor, and 2-84 on the cool side. I also use paper towel as the substrate. The past few days he has been only eating food if it walks past him, and will only eat about 8 bugs a day. He also has been pressing his body up against the side of the glass (every time i come in it seems to be a different side of glass but same position) i’m worried because he has only seem to have lost weight since i got him and i know he should be growing. He also has had stress marks since i got him that have yet to go away. He also closes his eyes A LOT almost all the time when he’s not being looked at or has his attention on something, and he has done this since the day i got him. I have also noticed that he breathes rather deeply, which I also think may be abnormal but he has always done this as well. Any advice on what this could be? He poops every day and it is normal with white in it as well, and he hasn’t had a day where he won’t eat ANYTHING but it’s just not enough and inconsistent. I have a vet appointment scheduled for the day after tomororw but I was wondering if there was any input for before then because i am very worried.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he still climbing the walls of the tank? The temps sound good, that's a nice gradient and should be OK. It's common for their appetite to fluctuate. Have you been measuring his weight? Or is the weight loss visual? If he is still active and alert he is probably OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom