Need help naming my new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Hi all! We have a new beautiful baby beardie that we need help naming. He or she is about 2 months old.. a red hypo.. pretty sure.. but don’t know sex.. which kinda sucks when trying to pick a name.. creative cute names! Annddd... go!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, if you arch it's tail up high while it's sitting in your hand and then post a few pics I can probably tell you what you have. If you're not comfortable doing it, that's fine.

You could always go with a gender neutral name like Shasta, Spice, Chomper, Bogo .

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":5nv2ybl2 said:
Hi there, if you arch it's tail up high while it's sitting in your hand and then post a few pics I can probably tell you what you have. If you're not comfortable doing it, that's fine.

You could always go with a gender neutral name like Shasta, Spice, Chomper, Bogo .

Yes!! I tried to do the flashlight sexing.. but couldn’t really tell.. my neighbor has a new baby too.. I’ll try to get money shots of both of em..

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also.. I would love to find out what morph he is.. from my research.. aka youtube.. I think he’s a normal hypo.. looks like all his nails are clear.. not positive on the normal part tho.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Flashlight does not work on babies at all, you have to rely on visible small bumps under the skin. Some babies show very soon after hatching, others don't though. I raised loads of babies so I can often tell, but not in every instance. :)

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":307p1waf said:
Flashlight does not work on babies at all, you have to rely on visible small bumps under the skin. Some babies show very soon after hatching, others don't though. I raised loads of babies so I can often tell, but not in every instance. :)
Thanks for the help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm not positive but it may be a male. You did the tail arching perfectly BTW, but post pics like that again in a month or so.

And I see some of the nails, are they all clear ? That would make it a hypo, so that's what you'd look for. In that case it would be a normal hypo. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like two little bumps to me too. I'd assume male for now until he gets a bit bigger as AHBD said.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2kn8c147 said:
I'm not positive but it may be a male. You did the tail arching perfectly BTW, but post pics like that again in a month or so.

And I see some of the nails, are they all clear ? That would make it a hypo, so that's what you'd look for. In that case it would be a normal hypo. :)

Why thank you! I pride myself in my tail arching skills. :mrgreen: 8) ughhhh I want it to be a girl. I was hoping to have a girl and my neighbor have a boy..so we might one day have babies. But i love him either way.. my neighbors on the other hand is about a month older.. just waiting on a pic from her

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well it's not a definite male. The lumps are usually a bit higher up on the tail so I'd like to wait before making the definite I.D. :)

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3cawtmhy said:
Well it's not a definite male. The lumps are usually a bit higher up on the tail so I'd like to wait before making the definite I.D. :)

Here’s my neighbors baby..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom