Beardie frantically cawing walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey :) I got my beardie about 3 weeks ago and he’s 12 weeks old. Ever since i put him into his tank he will sometimes just frantically run around and claw on the walls, and jump as if he’s trying to escape. it is 101 on the warm side and 82 on the cool side. i have a paper towel substrate and it’s a 20 gallon long tank. there’s also white paper wrapped around the sides because the breeder i got him from told me to do this to help him settle in. any suggestions on why he may be doing this still?? thanks!!

jennacharpy

Original Poster
I have a 50 watt halogen bulb for the basking light and the reptisun 10.0 T8 for the UVB, take temps with a infrared temp gun

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How far is your T8 from the basking area? That should be about 6-8'' above the basking site. It sounds like your setup is OK so he may just want out to roam around. If you have a safe area for him to explore (well supervised) I'd let him out for a bit and see if he likes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom