what type/morph?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got Mitch I originally thought he was a normal bearded dragon, but when he shed a week or so ago his colors changed quite a lot, and now I don't have any idea what he could be.

First pic is him before he shed, the other four are after.
96041-3422036166.jpg
96041-4397441843.jpg
96041-3711982342.jpg
96041-969281635.jpg
96041-2885087310.jpg

I should also mention that I know he is underweight and am working on putting weight back on him.

He looks like a normal central dragon, but they can vary quite a bit in coloration from their siblings, friends and themselves!
He sure has some pretty yellows in him!

AngelsAnimals

Original Poster
LindseyStar":kvyu7xvf said:
He looks like a normal central dragon, but they can vary quite a bit in coloration from their siblings, friends and themselves!
He sure has some pretty yellows in him!
Ok, thank you for clearing that up!

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
AngelsAnimals":to13gwy4 said:
When I got Mitch I originally thought he was a normal bearded dragon, but when he shed a week or so ago his colors changed quite a lot, and now I don't have any idea what he could be.

First pic is him before he shed, the other four are after.
96041-3422036166.jpg
96041-4397441843.jpg
96041-3711982342.jpg
96041-969281635.jpg
96041-2885087310.jpg

I should also mention that I know he is underweight and am working on putting weight back on him.
When i got my dragon he looked like a normal dragon and this is him now
98274-1839779313.jpg
98274-9750578361.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's definitely a normal/standard morph with a tint of yellow . He already has his adult colors, if he were kept out in the sun the yellow would pop a bit more but the color is nonetheless pretty cool. :) His size is not bad at all, don't make it a focus to stuff him in to a " couch potato " fat dragon as some owners do. A lean + average build dragon will be healthier throughout life [ more mobile, active, etc. + less chance of gout ] than a very heavy dragon.

AngelsAnimals

Original Poster
AHBD":pii6m3kx said:
He's definitely a normal/standard morph with a tint of yellow . He already has his adult colors, if he were kept out in the sun the yellow would pop a bit more but the color is nonetheless pretty cool. :) His size is not bad at all, don't make it a focus to stuff him in to a " couch potato " fat dragon as some owners do. A lean + average build dragon will be healthier throughout life [ more mobile, active, etc. + less chance of gout ] than a very heavy dragon.
ok, thanks! I have no intention on making him fat, you can't really see it in the pictures but his hip bones are very pronounced from his tail, and he only weighs around 300 grams. So I just meant trying to get some of the weight back on his tail

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, I can see the wee bit of " hip " and he can stand to gain a bit. BTW, what is his length ?

I do like to just warn people because I see threads where a new owner of a slightly underweight dragon posts that now the dragon is eating 50 -60 bugs a day [ an adult ] and shows a pic of the dragon with a huge belly after being in their care for 2-3 days. So it's just a warning and a reminder that a lean dragon is always healthier in general than a fat dragon.

AngelsAnimals

Original Poster
AHBD":2f0uwb1t said:
Yes, I can see the wee bit of " hip " and he can stand to gain a bit. BTW, what is his length ?

I do like to just warn people because I see threads where a new owner of a slightly underweight dragon posts that now the dragon is eating 50 -60 bugs a day [ an adult ] and shows a pic of the dragon with a huge belly after being in their care for 2-3 days. So it's just a warning and a reminder that a lean dragon is always healthier in general than a fat dragon.
He's 17 inches long. He only gets bugs twice a week and only three superworms each time.

AngelsAnimals

Original Poster
AHBD":1ocx04a6 said:
He'd be fine at 350. Do you feed other insects besides the superworms ? Any greens ?
I don't feed any insects other than superworms, I was feeding him phoenixworms but the majority of them would turn into flies before I had a chance to give them to him. Yes, he gets collard greens and yellow squash everyday, I'm hoping to soon add dandelion greens to his diet

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You could give him 5-7 each feeding 3 times a week or 2-3 a day at least for a while. Do you have access to other insects like crickets or dubia roaches ? And that's good if he's eating the greens. :)

AngelsAnimals

Original Poster
AHBD":f02id92g said:
You could give him 5-7 each feeding 3 times a week or 2-3 a day at least for a while. Do you have access to other insects like crickets or dubia roaches ? And that's good if he's eating the greens. :)
I'm worried that if I give him the supers much more often he will refuse the greens ( which he has done before ). I have access to crickets, but I'm trying to keep those as a last resort, and I'm in Florida so I can't get dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom