Pet stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
So, chain pet stores have a horrible reputation of abusing and mistreating animals.

When I was in Georgia visiting my brother in the military because it was family day, we stopped by a big petco.. I regretted going there because I was so close to bawling my eyes out, (I'm not manly don't judge me
There were adopted dogs/puppies waiting outside in 97F with no water, just a dog bed in the small cage. One women said that the dogs were waiting for hours and are just waiting for their new owner.

It got even worse when I went in the actual store. The iguanas there looked so dehydrated and since they were housed together, I saw that one of the smaller iguanas had a big red mark on its side(most likely blood)

They sold turtles too, but the turtles didn't look like three inches. Maybe one inch. There were so many in one twenty gallon tank that it looked like one was suffocating because of how many turtles were in there.

but even if that one was horrible, doesn't mean a l l of them are,

I got my healthy beardie from a petco in MD and the petco there even checked him over for a fecal test and a calcium test. All came out fine,

There was a six month old beardie and my god he looked fat. Like, healthy fat.

The iguana there was housed alone and was in a giant enclosure with so many sticks for them to climb on.

The rats even looked healthy!

But, just down the street was a petsmart and oh god it was horrible. The rats had an infection on their leg and the bearded dragons looked so skinny,

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yep, Most pet stores suck and don't even give a care about the animals and more of their profits, and Just don't do good. :x What we can try to do is to just stop purchasing from them and go to better places.

Thankfully I've found that the Pet supplies plus is a mainly reptile/non dog/cat pet store and they actually do care for their animals and try to get good setups and good care for the animals (The one closest to me actually goes to my vet! :D ) Last time I Went there The clerk actually had her own beardie out on with her and it seemed healthy and well cared for. :D

Thankfully there's at least one good pet store around... The Petcos and PetsMarts around here suck. :x :angry5:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Pet stores need to be limited to selling live feeder insects , suppliments , tanks, lights and the like and NOT BE ALLOWED to sell live reptiles AT ALL. PERIOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom