Could a human bacteria infection affect a bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just found out that my sister has had a bacteria infection on her skin for about three weeks. She went to the doctor and was told that it can be transferred to members of the household but not your dogs. I’ve obviously handled my beardie and I was unaware that I may possible have it now too. She’s fed and handled my bearded dragon before as well. I’m not sure if the same applies to beardies as it would with dogs but is it possible he can get it from me or my sister?
Sorry if this post is ridiculous he’s my first reptile so I’m new at this and I’d rather know now Incase I have to take him to the vet then it suddenly happening to him.
He seems fine a little lighter in some spots then usual but I think he’s about to shed again. He still eats as well I’ve upped his cricket size so he’s eating less of them now but that’s just because they’re bigger and his poop is solid as well he does have some orange to it but that’s from carrots and I always give him calcium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom