Bearde taming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc555

Hi i have a about 4 month old beardie who is growing very fast and is healthy eats a lot and is active. He is very tamed to me and practically anyone but the past week hes had a few minor slips which couldve been total coincidence or something about his trust in me hence i come here. Firstly my brother was holding him and i went to get him to put him back and he bit me, yes he bit me it certainly did not hurt and it was a bite not one of those where he licks something to get its sense, i assume he just got scared cause maybe i approached him weirdly, today 2 things happened so basically i was thinking hey lets take him outside to see how he feels about that and i do so he acts pretty calm hes staring straight up the whole time (Was under a tree maybe something was in it idk) but he slowly darkened his stress spots on his stomach and as a whole and he was twitching alot and i could tell he was not acting normal so i brought him in, just as i walk inside he makes a run for it leaps from my hand i grab him mid air and he tries to get away a ton, i put him in his enclosure and thats when the second thing happened, his chin looked way more black than usual (Aggression i know) and maybe it was just normal but i thought it looked pretty dark. let me know what you guys think thanks.

Apolla

He might have been nervous about being outside. Have you taken him out before? The darkening sounds rather normal to me, I've noticed that in different lighting my dragon's coloring changes. When he jumped from your hand, maybe he felt too exposed and wanted to hide? I don't think his trust in you has diminished.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
My girl was very afraid of outside when I first started to bring her out in the scary world. Her beard would turn black and she just looked petrified. I read on here somehere that small short sessions were best to start and it worked for us. Now she loves when I bring her outside. The little devil even knowns where the door to the outside is and I usually find her there. Another thing I noticed is that when we are outside she turns very dark. I believe that’s what they do to absorb as much of that nice healthy sunshine as they can. Here she is begging to go out. LOL
97320-5186755047.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom