2 different enclosures. Too Stressful??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrChenMan

I live with my mom in Vancouver and I spend most of my time there with my beardie. My dad lives in Victoria and I go there every other weekend (but I leave my beardie in Van), but during summer I spend a most of the summer in Victoria with my dad and I bring Winter (my bearded) with me with his enclosure and everything. I am planning on building Winter a 75 gallon tank and keeping his current 50 gallon tank in Victoria and having the 75 gallon in Vancouver, so all I have to do is bring Winter and not all of his lights and stuff

So I’m wondering if having two different enclosures will be too stressful for him. He will only be spending 2 months of the year in Victoria so I don’t think it will be too bad but I am open to opinions

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I don't think it would hurt to try. Some are more sensitive to change and some are not. What I would do though is use the same décor and keep it looking the same. I would swap pieces out after a while so that it will have the same familiar smell so that something will feel like home.

I spend time in 2 different cities 30 miles apart plus I camp A LOT. I’ve got a 55g in one and a 40g in another. He has a play pen for security when we go camping, but he falls asleep in his pet bed and then I just put it in the play pen for extra security. When we go between, I take him, his leash and his blankie. He loves car rides and exploring. The first time we changed locations he was mad for a day, but got over it quick. I feel the blankie helps with his surroundings. We haven’t went through winter, but I’m currently trying to figure out maybe a buckwheat pad that he can use in my jacket for warmth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom