What happened to the Trusting me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephyAnneBlake

So I have had my baby Bosley for almost two months now. She is now three months old. I recently ungraded her to a bigger terrarium, from a 20 gallon to a 40. The reason why I did this was because she didn’t look to be growing and she showed signs of wanting more room to roam. So I upgraded her. While she was in the 20 gallon she was fine with me. She ate food from my hand. Let me pet her and pick her up. Never once did she hiss or puff up at me.
But now in this bigger terrarium she is puffing up and hissing at me every time I get near her. I know that she needs time to adjust to a new home. Which I gave her. She’s been in this new one for almost three weeks now.
My question is, where did that trust go? She always hide in the back corner. Never wants me to touch her or even come near her. Is it because she’s just getting older and more confident in protecting herself or is she still trying to get used to her new place? I’ve also noticed she’s not eating as much and that does concern me too.
Why is my baby hating me all of a sudden?!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
More room is definitely better. Did you upgrade your UVB light when you moved to the bigger tank? You might need a more powerful one. That could have something to do with it, or it could be coincidental. She might be having a rough shed cycle or just a mood cycle that is natural. Sometimes they get sleepy, sometimes energetic. Their appetites will vary too. I'd give her space for a bit but watch her. If she is just going about her business with no dark black beard etc. she will hopefully return to her old self soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom