Size of my bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I got my bearded dragon May 5th and he was 5 inches today July 7th he is 9 inches big
Idk really know how old he is I totally forgot to ask and then it was too late :(
Do you think this is good growth??
Bc im wondering is he’s too small maybe ?

pechadm88

It does sound quite small. I got my beardie May 16 and he has pratically doubled in size.

How much are you feeding him? What are you feeding him?
How big is your enclosure? What lighting (brand and all) are you using?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He could be bigger but it's not at all out of the healthy zone. It would be good to list his feeding habits though as the other poster mentioned to see if adjustments or increases are needed. Pics of him + his tank would be good as well as listing the type of lights you have.

Mybeardeddragon

Original Poster
20 - 30 crickets a day he has a 20 gallon tank eats greens in the morning

How big is yours at the moment ? You said it was doubled in size ?

Mybeardeddragon

Original Poster
pechadm88":3f4agdfi said:
It does sound quite small. I got my beardie May 16 and he has pratically doubled in size.

How much are you feeding him? What are you feeding him?
How big is your enclosure? What lighting (brand and all) are you using?
How big was your when you first got him and how big is yours now ?

pechadm88

Mine was probably 5-6 inches head to tail and now he’s right about at a foot. He’s an eater though. Not picky at all.

You will definitely need to upgrade his tank though. Sounds like he has almost outgrown it and may be limiting his growth. Not sure about beardies but some species only grow as big as they see fit given their habitat.

He doesn’t seem to be struggling with food even though he should be trying to hit that 30 or more bar, but depends on the size of his food. Shouldn’t be any larger than the space between his eyes and dusted with calcium.

What kind of UVB are you using? And are his temps high enough? Temps and lighting are essential for proper digestion and utilizing the calcium. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A 20 gallon tank won't limit his growth, that's actually a myth that a smaller tank stunts them. As for his eating, can you post pics of your dragon and the size of the crickets ? He may need slightly larger ones if you're feeding him the small size and needs more insects per feeding.

Mybeardeddragon

Original Poster
pechadm88":3f00kdhl said:
Mine was probably 5-6 inches head to tail and now he’s right about at a foot. He’s an eater though. Not picky at all.

You will definitely need to upgrade his tank though. Sounds like he has almost outgrown it and may be limiting his growth. Not sure about beardies but some species only grow as big as they see fit given their habitat.

He doesn’t seem to be struggling with food even though he should be trying to hit that 30 or more bar, but depends on the size of his food. Shouldn’t be any larger than the space between his eyes and dusted with calcium.

What kind of UVB are you using? And are his temps high enough? Temps and lighting are essential for proper digestion and utilizing the calcium. :)
I have a reprising terrarium good 24” says it holds one 24 watt 22” reprising T5 H0 lamp. And I usually buy 60 crickets and feed him 20 a day bc when I usually feed him more he neverrrr eats it I buy small crickets... should I buy medium ?
And I’m getting wax worms soon for him

Mybeardeddragon

Original Poster
AHBD":3e7if7ke said:
A 20 gallon tank won't limit his growth, that's actually a myth that a smaller tank stunts them. As for his eating, can you post pics of your dragon and the size of the crickets ? He may need slightly larger ones if you're feeding him the small size and needs more insects per feeding.
I don’t know how to post pics but I usually do get small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom