BIG beardies photos, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Some of you may know me from my being on this wonderful site for several years...I am the slave of a big beardie named DeziLu. He is my love and my best friend. He is over three years old, and he has recently grown past the two foot length. He is still growing and shedding regularly. I would like to see other big beardies...perhaps some of you would post photos, with some info about your big beardie, like how long he/she is from snout to tail tip, weight, age, special morph, etc.? I think this would be a fun thread for us!

I read on this site that there was a beardie whose owner said was 28" long, but there was no measurement photo to make it a solid fact...I also read that the longest beardie to be measured and proven with vet verification, etc., is 24". I know my boy is big, but it is not his length that makes him so special to me..he is just beautiful to me, no matter what size! In fact, I think all beardies are very beautiful, each in his or her own special way!

So, can we get as many biggies as possible? Any photos will do fine, we do not have to obsess over the exact size...this is just for fun! ???

Here is Dezi
82765-3806792987.jpg

82765-702137584.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Well , my Peppa is 25 inches long and last time I weighed her she was nudging 780g , she's a BIG GIRL and loves snuggles (and demands them).

1jan2018_peppa_portrait_enjoying_her_daddy.png

She's just a big central who has very good genetics , her mother and father were similar sizes to her.
She's now 2.5 yrs old and I think she's stopped growing now and I'm careful about her waistline , but she still gets a couple big silkworms every day and some crickets or BSFL , and very occasionally a couple of supers. She's not keen on the green stuff, so I have to hand feed it to her between crickets or in the crickets or the silkworms (mulberry leaves have a very high Ca:p ratio).

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Peppa---you are astonishing, amazing, and just .....I am out of words to describe such a beauty! Thank you for sharing her with us, kingofnobbys!!

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Blue is one big beautiful lady!!Thank you, blue11! She is a beardie to be proud of, for sure!

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
97320-9328463440.jpg
Miss Biggs says Heeellllooo! She is 7 month (will be 8 months July 4) and I believe she is a normal central Bearded dragon. She is 19.5" from nose to tip of tail and weighs in at 350g. ( I need a bigger scale cause she hangs off) Maybe she is done growing or maybe she is just taking a much needed growth break. She isn't eating like she has been. was eating 40-60 medium dubia per day plus greens and veggies. She is currently only eating 10-15 super worms per day plus her greens and veggies (she refused to eat dubia, refuses to eat BFSL, refuses crickets.....any suggestions on other feeder welcome) She is very spoiled and pampered. She loves her cuddles and being hand feed and gives kisses!
97320-331495442.jpg
Sorry if this is a repeat I tried to post earlier and it looks like it didn't take.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lorilyn":2um9yum6 said:
Miss Biggs says Heeellllooo! She is 7 month (will be 8 months July 4) and I believe she is a normal central Bearded dragon. She is 19.5" from nose to tip of tail and weighs in at 350g. ( I need a bigger scale cause she hangs off) Maybe she is done growing or maybe she is just taking a much needed growth break. She isn't eating like she has been. was eating 40-60 medium dubia per day plus greens and veggies. She is currently only eating 10-15 super worms per day plus her greens and veggies (she refused to eat dubia, refuses to eat BFSL, refuses crickets.....any suggestions on other feeder welcome) She is very spoiled and pampered. She loves her cuddles and being hand feed and gives kisses!
Sorry if this is a repeat I tried to post earlier and it looks like it didn't take.

Silkworms …. 2 - 3 large ( 2" and above) or 6 - 8 medium (30mm - 50mm) per day + her roaches (if she doesn't like crickets (or is scared of them) , hard to beat live silkworms as a stable feeder insect.
2 - 3 large silkworms full of mulberry leaf or silkworm chow are a great and very nutritious meal for a fast growing bottomless pit of a juvenile dragon and few lizards can resist them.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Thanks Kingofnobbys! She wont eat roaches any more! LOL So the roaches are now living the good life :banghead: I am trying to order silkworms but everyone is sold out!!!! The adventures of being owned by a beardie are so nerve wracking!!

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Heello, Miss Biggs! What a big and lovely dragon! Her name certainly is appropriate...Did you know she was going to be so huge, and name her accordingly? Thank you so much for sharing her, Lorilyn! :)

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Each of these big beardies is so different in color, shape and variety! Each is a beautiful example of the amazing individuality of beardies; that is one thing that makes them so special. One feature I notice that they all have in common is their wonderful big, happy smiles! They are clearly loved, and they know it. Just look at their expressions...smiles as wide as the ocean. They each display self confidence and trust that can only come from having very attentive, caring and loving owners! Congratulations, great beardie "slaves!" A happy, healthy beardie is a beautiful beardie, no matter the size or shape. Nothing brings joy like a beardie smile!

Dezi shows his million dollar smile...
82765-779776052.jpg

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Hi again Dezismom. No i was told she was a boy and she was the biggest of the small lizards so....Biggie Smalls (like the rapper) turned into Miss Biggs. And I knew nothing about bearded dragons and didn't know how big they grow! I thought they were around 17-19 inches full grown! LOL
97320-7509078411.jpg
This is Miss Biggs the day I bought my baby home in February! She doesn't even look like the same lizard LOL

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Ok, My beardies aren't as big as y'all's beardies :eek: But these are my biggies:

View media item 60724 This is my biggest dude, Loki who is 19 1/2" (Still growing and almost 20") I Call him the gentle giant or Mr. Snuggle-bug. :) He did recently lose a lot of weight going from 1 lb 4 oz to 14.9 oz and now he's back up to 1 lb 2 oz. He's also super-hormonal right now (when he saw the picture of Dezi he went livid and attacked the screen showing his dominance :roll: ).

View media item 61045 This is my very first beardie, Cisco. She's around 19" and still growing. She's the miss grumpy pants and sleepyhead. :roll: She's sweet if she believes that she's the only dragon around most of the time. She's VERY demanding. She's around 1 lb 1 oz right now.

View media item 61022 and This is my Lil Diva, Daisy. She's my smallest beardie at 18" and 14 oz (still trying to get her weight up), and She is a super hyperactive live-wire (not exaggerating at all) and loves anything food. Even if it is a household appliance or a shoe, She'll attempt to eat it. :roll:

I Love everyone else's beardies and especially Dezi who is HUGE! :shock: :D Lol I Do agree with AHBD, He looks more like a gator to me. :lol:

-HippieLizards

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Lorilyn,
You are right, as a baby, Miss Biggs did not look at all like like she does now! It is amazing, how they change in less than a year..we newbies buy these tiny little things, not knowing what they will be as adults; if they are lucky, they find owners who will take the time to educate ourselves and meet their needs, and love them when they become adults. I worry about the less fortunate lizards, who do not get such care. I blame the stores who do not provide near enough information to potential owners. I try to bring Dezi to pet stores, to educate potential owners. I talk about how expensive they are to set up properly and to maintain, and have talked some people out of making a quick decision to buy one. If they are looking for a little lizard who needs less care, they are shocked at Dezi's size. Some cannot even touch him, because he looks so intimidating to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom