Super tiny worms in with dubia feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

chifeo

I recently purchased 200 nymph dubia roaches and noticed that there where really small white worms inside my beardy's bowl.

Dubias are being kept in a 10 gallon tank with a mesh lid. Initially I had a couple of desmestid beetles alone in this tank and introduced the nymphs about 2 days ago.

To "harvest" the feeders what I do is remove one of the single egg crate partitions I place in the tank for easy picking... I simply shake them out into the bowl.
Since the bowl is white I am able to see anything that moves in it... hence how I was able to notice the tiny thingy.

It does not resemble a dermestid beetle larvae at all. More like the roundworms you find in aquariums.

The tank I am using has never been used as an aquarium so this is baffling.

Should I dispose of everything in the tank and look for a new place to buy feeders from, or is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

chifeo

Original Poster
AHBD":m168yw7c said:
Possibly gnat or fruit fly larva. Can you post any pics ?

The picture is really low quality, I am unable to upload the video which would be ideal to show what it is I am seeing.

99271-5885385876.jpg

karbock

They feed off the roach poop. I collect those when i purchase dubias as they work as a cleanup crew. They are nothing to worry about. I have a **** ton in my dubia tub. They get caught in the mix when they package the dubias.

chifeo

Original Poster
karbock":264h29xn said:
They feed off the roach poop. I collect those when i purchase dubias as they work as a cleanup crew. They are nothing to worry about. I have a ***** ton in my dubia tub. They get caught in the mix when they package the dubias.

What are they? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom