Patio Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catzo

I don't know if everybody knows this, but I figured it out recently and its a game changer. If youre having trouble arranging your beardies terrarium and setting up an easy to access basking spot, go to your local home depot/lowes or whatever and check out some patio stones.

I spent way too much time trying to collect and steralize logs, buying reptile hammocks and overpriced hides, trying to figure out how to plastic mould a basking spot, etc.
Then I just went to lowes, bought six 12"x8"x4" bricks of stone from the patio department for $3 a piece, stacked them up like a staircase and now my beardie has a nice multi-level terrarium and the stone is actually really natural looking.

Anyways i had to share

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very good idea, I've seen a few other people use stones like that. :) I agree it's much better than making the fake ones, although some come out looking really cool as well. I find all my stones outside + give them a scrub , logs do need to go in the oven usually but stones can just be washed. Of course the ones at at Lowe's or Walmart garden center look really good and are perfect for stacking. Any time we stack stones we just have to be 100% positive that a lizard can't dig under or shift them which could cause a bad injury if the rocks fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom