Second brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
Hello
Fima brumated nov- Jan, and now he went back to it again - it's been two weeks. His weight is fine I took him out to be weighted and lights are fine, the only thing that changed is two weeks ago I started turning on AC - could that have caused him to go in brumation again? The temps in his cage are fine though ...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If everything else is OK, then maybe. Hopefully it isn't a full brumation cycle and he'll be back to normal soon. Just keep the lights on the same schedule and keep monitoring his weight. If everything stays OK just let him do his thing for now.

MrsWolvie

I'm so glad I found this thread. . . My girl is doing the same thing but now instead of just staying in her hide she goes in and digs up a corner of her carpet and lays between the glass and the carpet.

It would be nice if my girl were just on her second; she’s on her third! They only last about 5 days, then she’s up for a week, then, back to sleep.
I’ve had her to the vet. She’s had every test under the sun and she’s healthy. Not loosing any weight, which she could stand to do. She had to have eggs she couldn’t pass removed back in February. Since then, her behavior has been very strange; not eating much, not real active. The vet assured me this was normal in a lizard that’s had surgery. He even contacted a respected vet from Australia who specializes in beardies! That vet said, “If she’s not loosing weight, don’t worry about her! She’ll eat when she’s hungry!”
So, my Lizzie isn’t your normal brumating beardie, but she’s a healthy brumating beardie! :banghead:

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
Well for us it has been two months now! He came out for one day and then back to sleep. He’s winter brumatuon was three months, so I’m assuming this one will be the same. I took him out to weight him and he’s the same.

Oh wow! I thought I was going nuts! I miss her soooo much when she sleeps like this! I know you must miss your baby too!
Lizzie just woke up about an hour ago. It’s been 4 days this time. I got her out and held her; kissing her sweet beardie. She loves it! She lifts her head if I stop sooner than she wants! Now, she’s laying on her log, basking under her light.
Hope your baby wakes soon so you can continue having fun with her!
Many blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom