Kozmo is FOUND!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KozmoRox

She was sitting right by the window where I last saw her 5 days ago!! Like she had been there all along, just a little pale and bloated. I took her out in the sun and after 30 min or so, she did a giant poop and is back to her normal self.

We have no idea where she was hiding. I'm thinking in a cupboard behind soup cans or a bag of rice! Haha!!

We are thrilled and thankful she's back with us! :blob5: :love10: :love5:
Thank you all for your well wishes!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Check under the bushes , along the fence line (if there's long grass there) , be on the look out for her on garden paths and driveway and steps when they are sunny, hope Kozmo shows up none the worse for the experience.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Along with checking the areas outside as mentioned, look for basking spots outside. Leave some food out. It's also not a given she went outside (unless you saw her go). She may be hiding in/under furniture or in drapes or a dark cozy spot in the house. They can bunker down for quite a while so I'd keep looking for her inside as well.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just keep checking in the house. And if by chance she DID get outside, they usually hide out at times + bask at times but they rarely go very far. Just sweep the yard, looking through all the bushes, under steps, sheds, near rocks and even up a few feet in your trees. She will likely turn up. Some owners find them even a month later right there in the yard, garage or a close neighbor's yard.

KozmoRox

Original Poster
Thank you all for your encouraging support! It's been 24 hours now, and we have searched high and low, inside and out for our sweet Kozmo. Unfortunately we live in a neighborhood where we have lots of mature foliage and not too many homes have fences. We've been driving around in the golf cart peeking into our neighbors yards today. We will continue to keep a watchful eye out for her to see if she comes out to bask. I have put out some food for her today in hopes she may find her way to our back door where we spend lots of outside time on a daily basis.

I'll keep y'all updated!!

branjie

So sorry to hear Kozmo is missing. I know it's not helpful, but I have been worrying about her, and was hoping I'd come on here and you would have posted that she's found. I have a feeling she's climbed up the back or side of a bed under the covers, or behind the fridge, or wall unit or something. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and hoping like crazy that you find her.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Can she get onto a curtain and climb it ?.... more than once has a missing beardie been found hanging in the folds of a curtain or ontop of it .

Definitely carefully check behind and under things like buffets , display cabinets, lounges , washing machine, fridge and even in the laundry basket.

If the lounge has void in it under the seat cushions and in the back rest .... that's a favorate spot for adventurous lizards to go and fall asleep (because it's dark and cozy.

branjie

Hooray. I was just worrying about her before, thinking we might not be seeing her or you again! Where was she??

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
It’s amazing where they can hide out, as they watch you & think, lol. I loose Mystic a lot, within 3 minutes unsupervised, he’s hiding. Here’s one from a few years ago.
83443-6000121687.jpg

branjie

That's so funny, her acting like nothing at all had happened while you've been out scouring the neighbourhood and everything! Cheeky girl. So glad to hear she is safe and well!

KozmoRox

Original Poster
I honestly have no idea where she was?!?! We had just returned from church and a trip to Costco, and had just finished putting away our groceries. I am only guessing, as I didn't see where she emerged from, but I think she was in one of our pantry cupboards? We don't have a single walk in pantry, we have a "dirty kitchen"(2nd prep kitchen) with a wall of cupboards for pantry use. My hubby was putting away dry goods and had all the doors open. She must have been hiding in one of the bottom shelves behind the canned soups or the bags of baked chips! :lol: And we looked there, apparently not good enough!

I'm really glad she was inside all along, I was so scared she'd eat something poisonous or be attacked and we'd get an injured, sick beardie back, if one at all! She seems healthy and happy, took her to the pool for some good old fashioned sunshine and after about 30 min she did a giant poop! She ate well and we ALL snuggled her last night before she was wrapped up in her blanket and tucked in for the night!

Adventures with Kozmo!! Gotta love her!!

89207-5262440550.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom