Question about poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie’s poop has been looking a bit orange/red. Not like blood at all.
I would say her behavior has been fairly normal today, maybe a tiny bit lazy, but shes been eating fine. She eats collard greens, cucumbers and red bell peppers. Occassionally i’ll feed her grated carrots
And she eats meal worms.
She’s almost a year old, i’d say abot 13-15 inches long (i havent actually measured)
I’m just trying to figure out if her poo is caused by the food or if i should take her to a vet.
Im trying to upload a pic but its not letting me. I’ll keep trying though. Any help will be much appreciated!! :)

Jessicaahannah

Original Poster

I accidently smashed it a little when i was getting it out of the enclosure.
And the picture is really hard to tell the color, but if it looks normal i wont worry. I’ll try to post another picture the next time she poops

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's just likely a result of the food. Probably the carrot and pepper giving it a reddish/pink hue.

Jessicaahannah

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.
I havemt fed her any red bell peppers in a few days just to rule out if if the cause of the red was actually from the bell peppers. Yesterday she had bright red chunks in her poop, and today she still had bright red chunks and diahrea. Im starting to get a little worried now. Her urate looks good its nice and white but her poop is definitley concerning me. Her previous owner was only feeding her arugula and incects and when i got her i fed her all kinds of greens and vegetables. Could it be that her stomach is just upset from the move and diet change? Or does it aound like i need to take her to the vet? All her lighting is correct i have an 18” reptisun 10.0 uvb hood light and a 150 w basking bulb that i keep around 8-12 inches from her basking spot which is usually around 90-97 degrees. I do need to get a new tempreture gauge though because its just a manual one not one of those gun ones. Ive only had her about 3 weeks and i just want to make sure shes happy and healthy with me. Im very attached lol. Any suggestions?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it yet. Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks for that sort of thing to settle. I do advise getting a temp gun or digital thermometer with a probe to get accurate surface temp readings. Shoot for 100-110 basking surface with a gradient down to 75-85 on the other side of the tank. I also advise having an 18'' T8 UVB light 6-8'' above the basking area for best effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom