Black or missing scales on belly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
99058-1515543186.jpg
Hello everyone ! I am new to this website so let me know if I should place this in a different forum. But I am looking to adopt a bearded dragon and found a man on Craigslist trying to re home his because he is too busy to care for her . Now I'd love to adopt this dragon who is five years old but her belly worries me . He says he believes it's from her sun rock being to hot but isn't sure , I've attached pictures below. I just can't afford to take her to the vet if I adopt her so I'm looking for some people with insight to let me know what the cause of this may be .

Catarinamargaret

Original Poster
I really want to adopt this cute dragon off of Craigslist . Sadly I don't have money for a vet visit , can anyone tell me if I should be concerned by the state of her belly ? Her owner says it might be from a burn on her rock but he isn't sure .
99058-1515543186.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks like they have already given a bath & the scales are still the same? I don't think it is
fungal but old shed scales that haven't come off yet. I think a burn would look much worse
than that.
Oh she is still in the hands of the owner right now & you are wanting to adopt her? Her tummy
would only be burned from a rock if the rock was a heat rock & it got too hot. We do not
recommend the use of heat rocks because of those types of malfunctions.

Tracie

Catarinamargaret

Original Poster
Drache613":3jp1c9zs said:
Hello,

It looks like they have already given a bath & the scales are still the same? I don't think it is
fungal but old shed scales that haven't come off yet. I think a burn would look much worse
than that.
Oh she is still in the hands of the owner right now & you are wanting to adopt her? Her tummy
would only be burned from a rock if the rock was a heat rock & it got too hot. We do not
recommend the use of heat rocks because of those types of malfunctions.

Tracie

Yes she is still with her owner . I'm just afraid that because I've never owned a bearded dragon that getting one who has a disease would be bad. But she lives a sad life and I want to give her a good home

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things with that dragon, did you decide to take her in? I was just wondering. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom