Juvinile or Adult Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I new to the beardie world and I have a question. I have college in the morning from 8:00am-12:45am and dance from 4-8pm. I really want a beautiful beardie specifically orange. The thing is I can never find an adult beardie that is orange on craigslist in my area. As adults would be easier to care for. Should I get a baby? I am worried that I will not have time for him/her, but I feel like i can make it work. Any suggestions?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I'd get a adult or sub-adult beardie. Much easier to take care of compared to hatchlings/babies and juvenile dragons. I feel like the 1-2+ year age range would also be better for your schedule since juveniles and babies need to be fed 2-3x a day every single day while a sub-adult is only one feeding a day and adult dragons is only twice a week usually for insects. Smaller dragons will also be more fragile and will be more work than older ones.

Check some rescues around you, petstores (sometimes some will have dragons over a year), and also breeders as they may have some older dragons.

NovaBeardie

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":28sbcyjh said:
I'd get a adult or sub-adult beardie. Much easier to take care of compared to hatchlings/babies and juvenile dragons. I feel like the 1-2+ year age range would also be better for your schedule since juveniles and babies need to be fed 2-3x a day every single day while a sub-adult is only one feeding a day and adult dragons is only twice a week usually for insects. Smaller dragons will also be more fragile and will be more work than older ones.

Check some rescues around you, petstores (sometimes some will have dragons over a year), and also breeders as they may have some older dragons.
Thanks for the feedback! Do you know of any breeders that might be willing to selling and adult with bright colorings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom