Are bearded dragons less tame when younger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olearly

I'm having a rough time with my bearded dragon, any time I open up his cage he back's into a corner, opens his mouth and flares up his beard at me. This obviously isn't a good sign for eather of us. I'm hoping that they are similar to leopard geckos and calm down with age, as I hear they are pretty much naturally tame. Is this the case, or is there something else wrong with him? He was handled when he was really young before he was as rude as he is now. Please let me know if there is anyreason he is acting rude, if it's any help he will exept hand fed and only hand fed greens for some odd reason though he acts rude all the way up till he runs in and takes a bite.

Some bearded dragons get a little feisty and take some taming, even older beardies. Have there been any changes in his life? Like tank moving or new decorations?

My recommendation is to spend some time with your hand in his tank. Not touching or grabbing him, just existing. Over time he will trust more and you can start petting, holding, etc. more regularly. Could be he had a bad experience, could be he's just being a stinky boy :lol:

Also great job with the hand feeding! Have you tried it with live insects? Silk worms work really well as they squirm in your palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom