juvenile beardie has a 6th toe kinda loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
I just noticed it today, I bought him three days ago, making big progress in taming him. He doesn't seem to be in pain or anything. Not sure what I should do. Im scared that it may rip apart by accident or something. It's attached to VERY little skin.
I'm assuming just leave it be. Just scared that it might rip off and he will be scared of me or something and all the effort on taming him go to waste.

93594-4816853879.jpg

93594-9051095037.jpg

right most toe

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's an odd genetic deformity. Reminds me of the 6 toed cats at Ernest Hemingway's house in Key West. If it's hanging by skin then it may come off with the next shed. Try to keep it clean and if there is an open wound apply some plain neosporin without pain reliever (raw honey tends to be just too sticky for feet during the day but could be applied overnight). If it comes loose and then you start to see the foot shriveling or turning dark then a vet visit is probably in order. It can likely be handled with cleaning and some neosporin to let it heal over though.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":23kxvazl said:
That's an odd genetic deformity. Reminds me of the 6 toed cats at Ernest Hemingway's house in Key West. If it's hanging by skin then it may come off with the next shed. Try to keep it clean and if there is an open wound apply some plain neosporin without pain reliever (raw honey tends to be just too sticky for feet during the day but could be applied overnight). If it comes loose and then you start to see the foot shriveling or turning dark then a vet visit is probably in order. It can likely be handled with cleaning and some neosporin to let it heal over though.

thank you so much ! :) will keep a look out. he is shedding but only his head at the moment. so will keep a sharp eye on his feet shed.

Hopefully if it just comes off in his next shed without any problems.

Sorry to bother but the neosporin, is there a special kind that doesnt have pain reliever? Doesn't neosporin commonly has pain reliever so will it be kinda hard to find? Every neosporin I see has pain relief

This would work right? Doesn't say pain relief anywhere.
93594-6755276616.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The original doesn't have it added. If it has pain reliever it will say so on the box. This is the one I'm thinking of https://www.neosporin.com/products/wound-care/original-antibiotic-ointment raw/unpasteurized honey works well too but it's a hassle and a mess on their feet/hands. I learned that a few months ago with Darwin he would kick off the bandaid easily and drag honey everywhere. I settled for adding the honey to his hand while he was sleeping so it had some contact time but didn't spread everywhere.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just saw your photo. Yes that will work. It's the same thing, just CVS brand. No problem at all.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":h5200qo4 said:
Just saw your photo. Yes that will work. It's the same thing, just CVS brand. No problem at all.

Got it. I appreciate your help so much <3.

Heres a picture of my third and new buddy Drogon :)
chubby and happy
93594-8509681755.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom