First vet visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
First I apaologize if this is a little bit long. But most importantly I want to thank everyone for all of your help. I took Biggie Smalls to his first healthy lizard check up (reptile vet :D ) and the first thing the vet did was go over all the paperwork I had to fill out on my husbandry! Her exact words to me were “ I have never in my career met a first time Beardie owner I could say this to! Your husbandry is so perfect there is not one thing I can recommend right now. Everything is spot on from the type of UVB light, temps, substrate, food”

We’re a couple of surprises though.

First I found out that Mr. Biggie has grown way more than I thought. April 1 I weighed him in at 16.5 inches and 202 grams. Today he measured 17.25 inches and 339 grams. She said defiantly around 6 months because of head shape and still has juvinile patterning ( whatever that means) and that Biggie is most likely going to be one of the larger beardies

Second I found out Mr. Biggie is really MISS Biggie :banghead: I am very afraid of gravid eggs and not sure as to what I am supposed to do! Vet advised since I feed Biggs out of a bowl or hand feed that I should have part of her enclosure with diggable substrate. She is already trying to dig constantly under her hide and is leaving scratch marks all over the inside of the hide. Can I please have any advise on this. I really really was hoping I was right and it’s a boy but..... oh well time to learn more stuff

Third she said that Biggs is very bonded to me. Which as she says is not a bad thing except Biggs does not like being handled by anyone and will do whatever she has to just to get away from them and back to me. Never have I seen her black beard like she did to the vet. I was very impressed. :lol: and if the vet tech even slackened her hold slightly Biggs was getting away and headed straight across the table back to me. She recommends that I let her get used to other people slowly and try and get more people to at least pet her so she isn’t so afraid... any advise on this?

Lastly she has a slightly high Pin worm count, nothing crazy she said but she gave her a dose of de wormer and in 2 weeks I give her another dose.

Now as I was leaving she told me to make sure I thank you all. She only charged me half the normal fee and didn’t charge for the fecal test or dewormer meds because my husbandry was so good. And that she is going to recommend this site to all of her new and old bearded dragon owners.

So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from me and Miss Biggs
97320-3364677224.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom