Need Travelling advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lootytabooty

So I currently live in Georgia and Friday I am going to visit my family in Richmond, Virginia. No big deal, Tiamat, my first and oldest dragon, has done this trip many times in the past with no problem. Well, now I have a second little runt named Bahamut. Unfortunately, I have no one I trust to leave them with while I am gone and will plan to take them together in the same tank for only a few days with a fish divider between the two.

My main concern is that Tiamat is much older than Bahamut and, though she had been housed with another beardie before, I'm afraid she'll try and get too curious about how Bahamut tastes and will try to headbutt the screen divider like she does the glass when she sees food ever. The screen is strong, I'm just afraid she might hit enough times with her hard noggin to try and get through. Is there a way to secure the divider to the 40-gallon tank that doesn't give off fumes, mess up the glass and is safe for my lizards that will hold onto the screen a bit more? Please and thank you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't usually travel with a tank. I've found that a pet carrier works really well https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EW2WKZU/ It can be strapped into the car seat for security and it provides secure housing when you're away. As far as when you're at your destination, there are a few options. You could divide the tank the way you're thinking. You could keep them in separate rooms and set up a portable light for basking. You could set them up in play pens which are lighter than a tank and could provide more space for them. https://smile.amazon.com/Parkland-Pet-Portable-Foldable-Removable/dp/B01B37WUXI/

You can set the basking light on an adjustable stand or clamp it to something to provide their basking space. This is how I have my travel setup. It's just for one dragon though so they'd need separate rooms.

76248-2473803661.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom