Don't be so paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus

This is to new owners. Many times being lethargic turns out to be normal dragon behavior. Nearly all questions asked on here are like going to the doctor for a head cold. It's OKAY. Alright?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is often true. It takes time to get used to dragon's patterns and behavior though. Even then it can be tough at times since they don't communicate with us in ways we are accustomed to. It's helpful for people to stop here to double check behaviors and get reassurance. It's better they do that early so that if something does turn out to be wrong it can be corrected/treated earlier.

I would say as a new beardie owner myself... it’s kind of like being a new parent to a human. They are so tiny and fragile and you really have no manual on what to do once you bring them home. All the advice in the world you got before doesn’t help when you feel something isn’t right or you just don’t know and they can’t tell you. Humans at least cry and that’s a pretty good indicator that you need to do *something* other than stare in wonder and awe.

I’m glad I found this community and that I can ask questions and get assurance whether things are okay or not. I assume that passing on this knowledge is sort of the point so that new beardie owners aren’t out there doing wrong for their pets as probably once was done (I know my family owned an iguana when I was little 20 years ago and I cringe now at how little we knew).

I appreciate those that have been patient with all of my “dumb” questions. Because of them I’m able to better take care of Lizzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom