Strange beardie behaviour?very active, not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matang613

They can be very picky eaters for sure. At her age though, she can go a bit without eating. Just keep offering food everyday and she'll eat when she's hungry. That said, make sure to powder her food, for sure. Seeing that she's having such an ordeal acclimating to her viv (I'll get to possibly why in a moment) it might be best to just leave her alone for a few days in there anyway until she gets used to it. It took my beardie over a week to stop glass surfing his viv (same size as yours) after upgrading from a 20gal long.

As for why she is not wanting to be in her viv outside of needing to get used to it, getting those temps under control will definitely help. What kind of lighting/heating are you using exactly? What kind of UVB? Do you use a thermostat?

EDIT: Forgot to mention too: Please move your beardie off of those wood chips. I respect that you haven't had an issue with them yet, and I respect that she enjoys digging, but any loose substrate runs the risk of causing impaction and it just harbors bacterial growth. It would only take one instance of ingestion with a sizable wood chip to harm your beardie. The only time a bearded dragon needs to burrow is when it lays eggs. For some kind of substitute I like to provide flannel or fleece cloth. I think the texture simulates a surface that they can burrow into for sleep, and that's what mine does before bed.

I highly suggest tile as a substrate though... paper towels are a less attractive but easy to clean alternative, and repticarpet is also ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom