where would you recommend where to buy roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matang613

I just received by first order from Mulberry Farms (http://www.mulberryfarms.com/) of silkworms, hornworms, and bsfl. Shipping is a bit more than some other places I've used, but their prices compensate for it pretty well. They have a lot of specials going on right now too. I got three cups of silkworms for the price of 2 (about 75-150 total worms), and their bsfl are dirt cheap. (EDIT: they also sell dubia roaches, but you can find much better prices elsewhere)

I've also ordered from dubideli (https://www.dubideli.com/) several times, and have not had a bad experience yet. My only complaint about them is that their shipping times are really slow, and they don't provide any alternative shipping options.

Another member here suggested using ebay for dubia roaches, and I think that's what I'm going to try next time I need to replenish my dubia stock.

As for your options of feeders, I highly recommend dubias if you are in the United States or they are otherwise legally available to you. My guy started off on just crickets, and it was a struggle to get him to eat a substantial amount of them. Now he gorges on dubias to the point that I can't keep up with how quickly he goes through them. I think he just doesn't like the taste of crickets.

He also eats bsfl, but does not like them nearly as much as dubias. Recently I've been testing silkworms and hornworms with him as well, and he doesn't go nuts for them like he does with the dubias, but he will eat every one that I put in front of him. Silkworms are, I think, the highest protein feeder you can provide. Hornworms are good, but apparently not the best staples. I intend on offering 2 or 3 large ones at a time with his staples. Bsfl (phoenix worms, calciworms, reptiworms, etc) are amongst the best feeders, very high calcium (you don't have to dust them), but they are quite small, and a lot have to provided at once to make up a meal.

Wax worms, mealworms, super worms... I would not offer any of those as staples. Wax worms and super worms are too high in fat to be fed consistently, and mealworms and super worms should not be fed to smaller dragons, because they are difficult to digest. Most people on these boards will tell you to not give mealworms at all. I'm not totally sure how I feel about that, necessarily, but there are so many other great options out there, that I've never felt the need to try meal worms. They aren't very nutritious anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom