"training" your dragon?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

"training" your dragon?

Postby Matang613 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Is it possible to teach your bearded dragon some basic things? Specifically, can I get mine to recognize my name and come when I call him?
Matang613
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: "training" your dragon?

Postby christiepops22 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 am

I’m not so sure you can “tame” them exactly, but I speak to my beardie everyday and have managed a few times to get her to come over to me, after lots of cooing and bribery. They probably won’t do anything that doesn’t involve them getting food, I suppose you could try but they pretty much do what the want, when they want. There’s no real way to get them to do exactly what u want - it’s their way or the highway really.
christiepops22
Newbie Poster

Re: "training" your dragon?

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm

They don't communicate verbally (they are visual) but they can hear. They aren't likely to respond to you calling them but you can train them to do some things via repetition. They respond to routines. For example if you take them out and put them on an easy to clean surface at around the same time every day to poop, they will eventually learn that's the spot and time to do that and will (generally) start to follow the routine.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion