Do i have a male or female

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't see anything in the middle in those photos. Can you get the light so it's closer to what it shows in the screen shot?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

It's hard to see any lines that would indicate male.. So I'm guessing female. Could you post a picture of him/her just like the way you were doing, but without the flashlight and on a flat surface? View media item 61100
-HippieLizards.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
98274-9415128380.jpg
CooperDragon":28xotjfq said:
I don't see anything in the middle in those photos. Can you get the light so it's closer to what it shows in the screen shot?
98274-8090751841.jpg

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
98274-1000453560.jpg
98274-5014596097.jpg
HippieLizards":2u7rwd8o said:
Hello,

It's hard to see any lines that would indicate male.. So I'm guessing female. Could you post a picture of him/her just like the way you were doing, but without the flashlight and on a flat surface? View media item 61100
-HippieLizards.
Sorry for the flood of pictures I just want to make sure

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JessPets":5b5a0rr4 said:
Eh, really hard to tell here, but my guess is girl.
Trying to name it is really hard lol it’s been driving me crazy all week

dezismom

Juvie Member
Sorry to add confusion, ? but my impression in three of those photos was that you have a male...
without the flashlight, try holding him with tail up, and turned kinda sideways to the light source, so the shadows will define the image more clearly. Have to agree with Cooperdragon, (who is one of our long time experts in all things Beardie--when Cooper speaks, I listen! ha, ha!) I definitely thought I saw two bumps. Maybe some of our other members could also give their input, until we reach a majority?

Naming is difficult, sometimes, isn't it? If in doubt, wait...they sometimes name themselves, by showing their personality. They hate changes of environment, owners, etc., so it may be a few weeks before his/her personality really begins to shine. Then, you will have an "aha!" moment, and no more doubts.

My boy was already named when I took him over, but the name gradually morphed from Dez, to Dezi, to DeziLu. So, whatever you decide, it need not be written in stone. Of course, Dezi is also comfortable with being referred to as Your highness, His Lizardness, master...you get the idea!:) Let us know which name you decide upon. And keep posting! Perhaps a photo with a view from the other end, ha, ha!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I'm pretty sure it's a female.. It's REALLY hard to tell though. :? How long and how old is your beardie?

Lol, Naming can be hard.. So I just name them after my favourite superheros. I Have Cisco (The flash), Thor (Marvel), Daisy (Marvel), and Loki (Marvel). They all have their own Nicknames too. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Based on the second lit photo you sent it looks female to me. It's at an angle though so I can't be certain. The one right after it (unlit) looks like there are two bumps along the sides of the tail indicating male. Not a straightforward one to determine.

Based on this I'm now thinking female.
full

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yep, That's definitely a female there.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":3uq3siqa said:
I'm pretty sure it's a female.. It's REALLY hard to tell though. :? How long and how old is your beardie?

Lol, Naming can be hard.. So I just name them after my favourite superheros. I Have Cisco (The flash), Thor (Marvel), Daisy (Marvel), and Loki (Marvel). They all have their own Nicknames too. :)
About 5 months old i will measure he/she when i get home from what i think from head to base of tail about 6 inches

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
it'll be easier to sex him/her when he/she's a bit bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom