Beardie aggression at night time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArturoZayas

Any bit of help would be very appreciated. So i turn my bearded dragons lights on at 9 am and turn them off at 9 pm. Now sometimes i get home a little late so i have my dad turn off her lights for me instead. He still turns them off at 9. I occasionally get home around 11 so she would have been asleep for about 2 hours. Now the problem is that when i get home, sometimes i try to pick her up and bring her onto my bed to sleep with me. It has worked sometimes but most of the time she gets very aggressive. She gets super flat, opens her mouth and occasionally hisses at me. I am aware that she could've been in deep sleep so i approach her slowly and turn my room lights on for about 5-10 min so she can wake up and realize its me but still she tries to avoid me. I was just wondering if this was a normal behavior or is this a little odd. 99.9% of the time i try to get her at night she will not let me and get super defensive. She is about 5 months old now.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
If they're sleeping you should let them sleep. How would you like it if you were sleeping peacefully and some giant hand picked you up out of no where and started carrying you off? You'd probably be pissed, also 12 hours of light a day is way too little, bump it up to about 14 hours at minimium.
I know some people even do 16 hours of light...but that would probably be the max.

Only time you ever do 12 hours is when your trying to breed beardies and are burmating them... and when you try and breed beardies they aren't 5 months old they are generally 2 years old at the very least.

Postby ArturoZayas » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:22 am
bring her onto my bed to sleep with me

Also when you say that you do mean only having her out for a few hours resting near you correct? Not actually sleeping with a fragile lizard that can die very easily if you roll on it or place your hand on it too roughly.

ArturoZayas

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":2v1so9gu said:
If they're sleeping you should let them sleep. How would you like it if you were sleeping peacefully and some giant hand picked you up out of no where and started carrying you off? You'd probably be pissed, also 12 hours of light a day is way too little, bump it up to about 14 hours at minimium.
I know some people even do 16 hours of light...but that would probably be the max.

Only time you ever do 12 hours is when your trying to breed beardies and are burmating them... and when you try and breed beardies they aren't 5 months old they are generally 2 years old at the very least.

Postby ArturoZayas » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:22 am
bring her onto my bed to sleep with me

Also when you say that you do mean only having her out for a few hours resting near you correct? Not actually sleeping with a fragile lizard that can die very easily if you roll on it or place your hand on it too roughly.
Lmaoooo yeah i know what you mean. I was just curious if it was a regular behavior. Okay if that is the case then i might as well turn off her lights at around 11 when i get home correct? That is about 14 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom