sick baby beard?!?!? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
98287-7057116320.jpg
(2 days ago)

Here I have a 3 month old baby that I rescued. The owners before used a red heat lamp and did not have thermometers. They also were not feeding him crickets. So now that I have the correct basking light and UVB light, as well as feeding him live crickets 3x a day... he's changed colors and I'm worried. The first picture was the first day I had him. The picture below is him today. He is dull and wrinkly and does not want to be held. I've been spraying him and doing everything I can, but I don't know what else to do. He's not acting lethargic at all, but he doesn't look good. How worried should I be?

98287-1620771592.jpg
(today)

-Madeline

Jmaj

Hello, Baby Beardies tend to show stress marks almost regularly until they get used to there habitat. Hydration is key. Try not to spray him in his tank because you don’t want high humidity in his tank. What temps are at his basking location? What are his cool side temps? Humidity levels? I’m no expert just trying to help. :)

madeline99

Original Poster
Jmaj":a9opqeid said:
Hello, Baby Beardies tend to show stress marks almost regularly until they get used to there habitat. Hydration is key. Try not to spray him in his tank because you don’t want high humidity in his tank. What temps are at his basking location? What are his cool side temps? Humidity levels? I’m no expert just trying to help. :)

Thank you so much! He already looks a lot better when I got him out for feeding tonight.
98287-9481107969.jpg

On the right side of his tank, the temp stays around 95 degrees, and on the left side it is around 73 degrees. I know the temperatures should probably be higher but he's not used to any kind of basking light as sad as it is. I'm trying to ease him into it.

Jmaj

Mahla, likes to sit at the 95-97 temps in her viv. She can be funny sometimes to. I tried to put her fleece bed on her hammock tonight and she changed colors to a darkish color. As soon as I took it back out she changed back. They can be so neat to work with. I’m glad that yours is feeling better. Good luck!

madeline99

Original Poster
Jmaj":2oj1bu8a said:
Mahla, likes to sit at the 95-97 temps in her viv. She can be funny sometimes to. I tried to put her fleece bed on her hammock tonight and she changed colors to a darkish color. As soon as I took it back out she changed back. They can be so neat to work with. I’m glad that yours is feeling better. Good luck!

That's too funny! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom