Newbie, Rocco- Gender? 4-5 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

You can't tell the gender of a beardie that way. Could you please post a picture of his/her tail arched up at about 90 degrees with his belly flat on the ground? Like this: View media item 61100 or this: View media item 60481
-HippieLizards.

RoccoTaco

Original Poster
8) Thank you so much! Ok, I am trying this again :) The flashlight thing I might try next. His/Her belly is awfully big and squishy- I never thought I would become so attached to a reptile- they are indeed so sweet and intriguing! This is my daughter's! I might have to get one for myself. I'm just grandma :lol:

98295-9888997250.jpg

98295-1170791998.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, Rocco's a girl! :) So You may have to change her name if you want. But I know how you feel though. :) I thought that my first beardie Cisco (named after a character in the flash), was a male so I named her after a guy character in the flash.. I later took her to repticon for the first time and everyone said that he was a she. :lol: Lol, and the name has stuck ever since. :lol:

and I agree. It is very easy to get attached to a beardie. Lol, me and my family went from being a no animal family (except for the occasional fish) to Four bearded dragons, One crested gecko, and a cat in a year. All because of one lizard (and my love for herps that I've had since I was three). So don't be surprised if you're soon going to be asked for just one more pet. :wink:

Also for the flashlight sexing, Make sure to use a very bright flashlight in a very dark windowless room with the lights off for the best results.

-HippieLizards.

RoccoTaco

Original Poster
HippieLizards":196mn1zw said:
Lol, Rocco's a girl! :) So You may have to change her name if you want. But I know how you feel though. :) I thought that my first beardie Cisco (named after a character in the flash), was a male so I named her after a guy character in the flash.. I later took her to repticon for the first time and everyone said that he was a she. :lol: Lol, and the name has stuck ever since. :lol:

and I agree. It is very easy to get attached to a beardie. Lol, me and my family went from being a no animal family (except for the occasional fish) to Four bearded dragons, One crested gecko, and a cat in a year. All because of one lizard (and my love for herps that I've had since I was three). So don't be surprised if you're soon going to be asked for just one more pet. :wink:

Also for the flashlight sexing, Make sure to use a very bright flashlight in a very dark windowless room with the lights off for the best results.

-HippieLizards.

You’ve been a HUGE HELP!! Thank you! Also very encouraging and quick to respond - so appreciated :) So Rocco is a Rockette? LOL She has waved a few times which is super cute! I don’t need to do the flashlight thing thinking since you can see clearly she is a she lol My concern and main reason of wanting to know is because her belly seems extremely squishy, full, and she digs a lot on the lanolium. She is 4-5 months old. Yikes- are we expecting? LOL!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, Rockette sounds like a good name. :)

I doubt she has infertile eggs. She's way too young. I think that she is just super hyperactive like my Daisy is. View media item 61022 Some dragons just are very active and others may be more lazy/laid back. For example Cisco is very laid back and prefers to take a nap then run around for most of the time (unless she's exploring to find a good place to nap :lol:).

Thor is pretty active but still likes to settle down a bit and snuggle (unless he's around a female :roll:).

Daisy is always active and Hyper and loves to go exploring. and Occasionally she will settle down and snuggle a bit (or for a photo shoot).

and Loki's pretty laid back and likes to either bask or find a nice place to take a nap (or head bob at something).

So all beardies are different. It's just part of their charm. :mrgreen:

and It's normal for beardies bellies to be squishy or soft. It's just how they were made.

RoccoTaco

Original Poster
I feel sooo much better - thank you! Not concerned about the squishy stomach and I love hearing about your sweet beardies different personalities! This is so much fun. Thx again :) :) :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
No prob. I'm happy to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom