Newbie, Rocco- Gender? 4-5 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

You can't tell the gender of a beardie that way. Could you please post a picture of his/her tail arched up at about 90 degrees with his belly flat on the ground? Like this: View media item 61100 or this: View media item 60481
-HippieLizards.

RoccoTaco

Original Poster
8) Thank you so much! Ok, I am trying this again :) The flashlight thing I might try next. His/Her belly is awfully big and squishy- I never thought I would become so attached to a reptile- they are indeed so sweet and intriguing! This is my daughter's! I might have to get one for myself. I'm just grandma :lol:

98295-9888997250.jpg

98295-1170791998.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, Rocco's a girl! :) So You may have to change her name if you want. But I know how you feel though. :) I thought that my first beardie Cisco (named after a character in the flash), was a male so I named her after a guy character in the flash.. I later took her to repticon for the first time and everyone said that he was a she. :lol: Lol, and the name has stuck ever since. :lol:

and I agree. It is very easy to get attached to a beardie. Lol, me and my family went from being a no animal family (except for the occasional fish) to Four bearded dragons, One crested gecko, and a cat in a year. All because of one lizard (and my love for herps that I've had since I was three). So don't be surprised if you're soon going to be asked for just one more pet. :wink:

Also for the flashlight sexing, Make sure to use a very bright flashlight in a very dark windowless room with the lights off for the best results.

-HippieLizards.

RoccoTaco

Original Poster
HippieLizards":196mn1zw said:
Lol, Rocco's a girl! :) So You may have to change her name if you want. But I know how you feel though. :) I thought that my first beardie Cisco (named after a character in the flash), was a male so I named her after a guy character in the flash.. I later took her to repticon for the first time and everyone said that he was a she. :lol: Lol, and the name has stuck ever since. :lol:

and I agree. It is very easy to get attached to a beardie. Lol, me and my family went from being a no animal family (except for the occasional fish) to Four bearded dragons, One crested gecko, and a cat in a year. All because of one lizard (and my love for herps that I've had since I was three). So don't be surprised if you're soon going to be asked for just one more pet. :wink:

Also for the flashlight sexing, Make sure to use a very bright flashlight in a very dark windowless room with the lights off for the best results.

-HippieLizards.

You’ve been a HUGE HELP!! Thank you! Also very encouraging and quick to respond - so appreciated :) So Rocco is a Rockette? LOL She has waved a few times which is super cute! I don’t need to do the flashlight thing thinking since you can see clearly she is a she lol My concern and main reason of wanting to know is because her belly seems extremely squishy, full, and she digs a lot on the lanolium. She is 4-5 months old. Yikes- are we expecting? LOL!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, Rockette sounds like a good name. :)

I doubt she has infertile eggs. She's way too young. I think that she is just super hyperactive like my Daisy is. View media item 61022 Some dragons just are very active and others may be more lazy/laid back. For example Cisco is very laid back and prefers to take a nap then run around for most of the time (unless she's exploring to find a good place to nap :lol:).

Thor is pretty active but still likes to settle down a bit and snuggle (unless he's around a female :roll:).

Daisy is always active and Hyper and loves to go exploring. and Occasionally she will settle down and snuggle a bit (or for a photo shoot).

and Loki's pretty laid back and likes to either bask or find a nice place to take a nap (or head bob at something).

So all beardies are different. It's just part of their charm. :mrgreen:

and It's normal for beardies bellies to be squishy or soft. It's just how they were made.

RoccoTaco

Original Poster
I feel sooo much better - thank you! Not concerned about the squishy stomach and I love hearing about your sweet beardies different personalities! This is so much fun. Thx again :) :) :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
No prob. I'm happy to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom