Help! My baby beardie runs down my back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! So Ive had my baby for about a month. Hes 4-5 mnths old. Hes doing great. Eatsa bit of greens and strwbrries each day and more and more dusted crickets each day. He will not eat worms. His food must be crawlng lolol. Normal temps and behaviors. Getting used to us and now likes to be held.
However, hes gotten so comfortable, when I let him run around in the kitchen (proofed w towels in crevices) for about 30 min each day, he gets frustrated when he cant climb up the cabinets. So i put him on my chest sometmes to calm him but now hell run over my shoulder and down my back to the small of my back and just sit there. Basically laughing at me lolol as i try to reach him which i cant. Sometimes hell even jump on me from my hand or arm to do this!! Is he playing with me or tryng to get away? Im afraid hell jump off to the floor and hurt himself!! Im glad hes comfortable w me now but jeez hes making me a nervous wreck!! Help!! What to do??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes the little ones think they can fly. Your concern over him falling by mistake and hurting himself is valid. While he's energetic it's probably best to keep him close to the ground for safety. Maybe secure a second room for him to explore and see how that goes. He is likely to calm down a bit more as he gets older but enjoy the curiosity and high energy level for now while it lasts =).

DragonObsessed

Original Poster
Thank you! Yes atleast I know hes happy and healthy. We let him explore in the kitchen but yea im gonna try to make sure im sitting when i hold him lolol.
97093-2543908768.jpg
Here he is exploring the kitchen. Viserion ❤️

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
My beardie gets on my back too and I really have no system for getting him back on my shoulder. When my mom and I were first getting my adult beardie he jumped off mom’s shoulder onto the cement floor. He was ok but I’d be careful he doesn’t hurt himself especially since he is so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom