Spot clean driftwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am new to owning bearded dragons. my beardie is about 8 months old, we have a 4 foot tank which we had it sectioned off but recently opened it up so now
he has the full tank, we bought a pretty large piece of driftwood that has been sand blasted for him to bask on, now unfortunately he is not potty trained my question is how can I spot clean the driftwood without taking it out everytime he does his business, I use baby wipes but just doesn't get it all.
Thanks so much

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, I've had that problem as well. :) if the poo is under the heat it can be easier to get it off once it's " baked " by using a screwdriver or similar tool to dislodge it all. Then use a small rag [ I keep old cut up t-shirts that I can just throw away ] with water + a capful of red wine vinegar, which is 100X stronger than chlorine bleach. Scrub it as best you can and you should be good. If the smell of vinegar lingers, follow up with a small rag with plain water.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I spot clean with vinegar and water mix as well. If it's really caked on I'll let it sit with vinegar for a bit and give it a scrub and rinse before baking it at around 250 for 45 min or so to sanitize. If you don't want to take the log out every time you could use a steam cleaner or spray some F10 to sanitize it and that should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom