Sleep standing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinksy

Guys I know this might sound strange I have a one year old bearded dragon she’s definitely diffent she sleeps standing up and also grabs the air vents off her tank never seen this behaviour in dragons b4 I will get a picture and send it all I want to know is have u guys seen or herd of this b4 or is this something new do I need to have her checked or should I just leave her to sleep standing up it really don’t look comfortable

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she wants to sleep standing up I'd let her. They can fall asleep in odd ways. This is more common with young dragons than adults but if she doesn't seem bothered by it I wouldn't worry.

Jinksy

Original Poster
CooperDragon":36lfzq5l said:
If she wants to sleep standing up I'd let her. They can fall asleep in odd ways. This is more common with young dragons than adults but if she doesn't seem bothered by it I wouldn't worry.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking what about her grabbing the air vents off I watcher do this daly it’s funny to watch but very strange at first I thought it was her trying to escape but she never goes out unless I open her tank or I take her out

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not sure on that one. Might be curiosity or something to hang onto. I'd secure them if it poses a risk of falling on her but if it's not potentially harmful I'd let her do it.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
2 of my dragons liked to sleep standing up, especially when they were younger. Hard to believe that they can sleep like that and actually enjoy it! Makes for some great pictures.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
My 8 month old boy sleeps standing up, propped against the glass all the time. He's the first of my Dragons to do this, but he's perfectly healthy and fine, so I let him.

As far as your Dragon "Grabbing the air vents off", it's probably just her grabbing at them because she wants something to hold onto, and then they are just falling off because they aren't secured properly. As Cooper said, I'd just let her sleep standing up, that's not at all unusual and as long as she's able to breath and is comfortable with it then so be it, but you do need to secure the air vents with some epoxy (I'm assuming you have a custom, wooden enclosure with the typical type of air vents you see in them, either the round ones or the rectangular ones that usually aren't really functional, but just allow air flow through a hole cut into the wood of the enclosure). I'd just get some good epoxy, like Gorilla Glue Epoxy that comes in the double-syringe container, that stuff is awesome and it dries extremely quickly, I use it on all of my enclosure builds. That way she won't accidentally climb up the wall, grab a vent, and then has it come loose and she falls...

EDIT: What would be a bigger possibility is her ripping out some toenails by grabbing a vent and slipping off of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom