Surprise hatchlings! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerly

Since this is urgent but not a sickness, I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Beardie ER forum. Hope this works.

Just now we found a little, curled up bearded dragon in the incubator container. It was last checked 24 hours ago (which is now the maximum amount of time she could've been in there, hatched and/or hatching) and have watched her run around the substrate, dancing on the walls, acting bearded-dragon-ly.

A small red-ish round thing (which I'm assuming is the egg sac?) was near her, not attached, and we're not actually sure which egg she came from.

We've moved her from the container to a small enclosure with a heat lamp nearby, a very very shallow dish of water, and the red thing nearby (just in case).

Are we missing anything? This is super freaky - we thought the eggs were dead, but held out out of hope that they might make it. Surprise surprise, they did.
She's now planking in the enclosure, looking around occasionally.

What now?

tigerly

Original Poster
Alright, update: She ran into the water all of a sudden and after moving her out (for fear she's not warm enough, or that she's cold) she is playing completely dead. I am at least 50% sure that she is dead.
Is there a chance? I'm thinking of putting her in the incubator again, but the person I'm with won't let me.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a surprise for you, huh ? First off, no water dish for a new hatchling, just spray them twice a day and they drink the droplets on the walls + floor.And yes, the red thing would be the yolk sac, you can throw it away since it's detached. Do you know how long the baby lay in the water dish ? If she just ran in to it, you saw this happen and took her out she shouldn't really even be harmed at all. Post some pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

Then use the XIMG to upload them. Put a coin near her to show the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom