Review my Bearded Dragon website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Hello! To the people that frequent here; would any of you mind reviewing my new website on Bearded Dragons and doing a little proof-reading, even if only in a few areas and not all of it? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to the website openly or even in my signature, but I am happy to PM others that are interested, if that's required.

I also realize that all, or at least most, successful websites have some kind of gimmick that make them successful, or make them stand out from the rest. I'm making a database of veterinarians that specialize in herpetology with the help of Google Maps through my website, in a easy-to-use and pleasant-on-the-eyes interface. Visitors may also make their own submissions if they want, which will then be reviewed by the administrator.

So is anyone interested in and doesn't mind doing some proof-reading for the greater good, please?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'll read through it if you'd like. I think information about helpful vets and places to get supplies in Australia would be particularly helpful.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I'd be happy to help! This sounds like a great idea, and will be very helpful to new beardie owners :D

dezismom

Juvie Member
I can look it over for you! I am a proof reader from back in university days, and have an English degree, to boot.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh my goodness, I didn't expect this amount of support! THANK YOU, CooperDragon, JessPets, and dezismom! I'll try to reply with details as soon as possible, because I have been dealing with a rather sick Beardie that's been taking quite a bit of my time. He's thankfully getting better rather quickly though ^_^

dezismom

Juvie Member
You are welcome....Sorry to hear about your Beardie not feeling well! By all means, focus on him, and give him all attention neccessary, poor little guy. Hope he feels much better, real soon. My offer will be good whenever.
Dezi says get well soon!
82765-5038242950.jpg

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
dezismom":37y7lcoz said:
You are welcome....Sorry to hear about your Beardie not feeling well! By all means, focus on him, and give him all attention neccessary, poor little guy. Hope he feels much better, real soon. My offer will be good whenever.
Dezi says get well soon!

Phew! Things have been hectic while caring for Iggy as of late, I will certainly say that c_c The vet said yesterday that he is on the improve at last though, so I'm very happy! And oh my, what a cute Dezi *giggles* I've never seen a Beardie on a cup before XD

Dezismom and anyone else, you can reach the website in question by going to https://www.vitticeps.org/ ! Please post your suggestions/improvements to this thread and I will be sure to credit anyone in the 'About' page I am starting to make :) Thank you so much~

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
phobosdthorga":36bfwpnz said:
dezismom":36bfwpnz said:
Dezi says get well soon!

Phew! Things have been hectic while caring for Iggy as of late, I will certainly say that c_c The vet said yesterday that he is on the improve at last though, so I'm very happy! And oh my, what a cute Dezi *giggles* I've never seen a Beardie on a cup before XD

Dezismom and anyone else, you can reach the website in question by going to https://www.vitticeps.org/ ! Please post your suggestions/improvements to this thread and I will be sure to credit anyone in the 'About' page I am starting to make :) Thank you so much~

Hello,

Is this vitticeps.org your website? If so, nothing is working then. When I try clicking on anything I just get a 404 component not found error. Just as a heads up.

As for your beardie, Cisco says get well soon! :D View media item 60874
Good luck on caring for your sick beardie.

-HippieLizards.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":31bk34p1 said:
Hello,

Is this vitticeps.org your website? If so nothing is working then. When I try clicking on anything I just get a 404 component not found error. Just as a heads up.

As for your beardie, Cisco says get well soon! :D

Good luck on caring for your sick beardie.

-HippieLizards.

Ack >_< I made it more obvious what is and what isn't a button now, so is it a little better? Or does something else need to be done to improve it? But yes, this is my website :)

And Cisco is adorable! My Beardie, Iggy, is showing good, positive signs today :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

Thank you for fixing it. It now works like a charm and I like it. The website has good info. Good job! :

That's great that Iggy is feeling better! :blob5: and Thank you! :D My other two say hello as well. View media item 60828 Thor who is my Sweet, Stunted in growth, Semi-paralysed, Special needs beardie.

View media item 60854and My newest member, Daisy, Who is Hyperactive and loves to eat. :)

-HippieLizards.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":233t9imv said:
Hello,

Thank you for fixing it. It now works like a charm and I like it. The website has good info. Good job! :

That's great that Iggy is feeling better! :blob5: and Thank you! :D My other two say hello as well. Thor who is my Sweet, Stunted in growth, Semi-paralysed, Special needs beardie.

and My newest member, Daisy, Who is Hyperactive and loves to eat. :)

-HippieLizards.

Excellent! I've also added a little 'About' section which has some thanks to you and JessPets for helping me out so far ^ ^ Anyone else who wishes to contribute will also go there :)

Awwr, what a sweet name, Thor! That is one strong Beardie alright to overcome those obstacles :) Does the little sweetie have MBD? Daisy certainly has an air of energy about her though!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Site navigation/links seem to be working properly and the vet lookup system also seems to be running well. Lots of good background info in the habitat section. It may be useful to get more detailed about options for materials, lighting, heating, etc. Perhaps an advanced or detailed subsection of some kind so the details don't take away from the good overview at all.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
CooperDragon":2rt2g6kt said:
Site navigation/links seem to be working properly and the vet lookup system also seems to be running well. Lots of good background info in the habitat section. It may be useful to get more detailed about options for materials, lighting, heating, etc. Perhaps an advanced or detailed subsection of some kind so the details don't take away from the good overview at all.

That is a great idea, and hopefully will clear up any confusion with beginners, as it all is really hard to figure out on your own

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Hello,

Yes, Thor did have MBD at some point. :( and Thank you so much! :D

This website will most likely be in my "Go to websites". Also, Iggy is adorable! :love5:

Although one thing is a little confusing, The text color is a grey-ish white, and the background is white Too. So it makes it a little harder to read it. Except for that, I really like the website.

-HippieLizards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom