What size and weight is your dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLB85

My spoiled dragon, Tilman, is now 7 months old, weighing in at 467 grams at 17.5 inches. He's my first dragon, so wondering if this is a normal weight to age to length ratio? Should he continue to grow still? He seems super healthy, alert and bright. Snapped a few pics of him on my boyfriend the other day, and below are his monthly weigh ins. I can't believe how fast they grow! Would be interested to hear the weight, length and age of other people's dragons!

13grams - August 23
45 grams - September 23
101 grams - October 23
212.5 grams - November 23
339.5 grams - December 23 : 6 months old
466.5 grams, 17.5" - January 23

93324-6565788681.jpg
93324-6416537342.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, those are some impressive red beards there. :) I'm surprised some of the regulars haven't chimed in. My boys are siblings and are 20 " and about 470, the other is 21.5 " long , about 550 or so. Battery is out on my scale so I haven't weighed them very recently. Your boy , handsome as he is is getting overweight so it would be good to cut back on the feeders just as bit now while it's easier + he's still young + healthy. :) And yes, he should gain more length but just watch his weight. Overweight beardies will have health problems down the road.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My Darwin is 3 years old. He is about 19'' long and weighs about 549g as of last check in. Here is a somewhat recent snapshot of his growth chart. The odd numbers at the end of the year are during brumation which he just came out of.

76248-932427100.jpg

KLB85

Original Poster
Lol yes they are beard bros :lol: I was thinking that maybe he was getting a little chunky. He grew up on roaches from baby - about 5 months, and ever since then he's been on supers. I think I got some bad advice from a local breeder who told me that's what he uses as a staple feeder and that it's okay to feed them supers. But now I've learned that they're really high in fat! Hence his porky little belly :wink: The problem is, is my roach guy's colony died off because they were left outside by accident, so I'm waiting about a 3 more weeks until I can get him back on roaches. Then hopefully he'll thin out a bit. He's not big into greens yet, but will nibble here and there. I offer him a variety of salad everyday. The one green that he seems to absolutely LOVES is clovers! I have a little grow light, and I grow him clovers, endive, mustards, etc in there, but the clover is the only one he'll mow down. I'll do my best to cut down his buggies - maybe if he's hungry enough, he'll resort to greens!

I also take him out everyday, usually more than once, for a good amount of time. But he doesn't get much exercise because he seems to just be a snuggler. He just wants to wander and find the best spot in the blanket (usually we're on the couch) and curl up and get all cozy and just lay there for as long as I let him. He doesn't run around like crazy, like I've seen some beardies do.

Also, that chart is awesome :D

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
He is definitely quite the handsome beardie, I love his colors.

Currently I have three beardies in total, two around the same age and one thats around a year younger.

Saturn - 21 months, 21 inches, and 520 grams.
Venus - 21 months, 17 inches, 480 grams.
Neptune - 10 months, 17 inches, 310 grams.

When i first got them they were around this,
Saturn - 6 months, 15 inches, 100 grams.
Venus - 6 months, 12 inches, 98 grams.
Neptune - 4 months, 10 inches, 50 grams.

89510-2998485035.jpg
Venus
89510-9298032838.jpg
Neptune
89510-509863636.jpg
Saturn

My Mitch wasn’t given proper care before I got him so he’s really small ( and underweight ), but I’m working on him. He’s 7-9 years old, 16-16 1/2 inches long, and about 308 grams as of Sunday.
96041-7549345172.jpg
This was Mitch about two weeks ago.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, look at Mitch, he's a warrior. Been through a lot probably before you got him. All the dragons are beautiful. :)

KLB85

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn, your 3 beardies are so cute and I love their names! Looks like Venus could definitely join the red beard club :lol:

AngelsAnimals, it's so great that you rescued Mitch and are taking good care of him. He looks like a trooper, I'm sure he's much happier now and will put on weight well! I have the opposite problem, my guy's a little too spoiled and is being put on a diet! :lol:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Looks like both our beardies are going on a diet soon. I need to get Venus to loose some grams, despite her being only around 480 grams shes actually pretty heavy looking.

However maybe shes just big boned? Shes always been a little bit heavy looking from a young age.

89510-2215188430.jpg
This was her when I got her, October 18th of 2016.

And her currently being not the happiest. she really hates MVB's, but its either that or no uvb for who knows how long it takes to get the current uvb situation under control... for now its in the hands of the post office.
89510-668905923.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Peppa , 2.2 years old , 24.5 inches TTSL , 745g raised from a 5wk old 13.9g hatchling.

Her growth chart to date
growth_28jan2018_peppa.png

5jan2018_peppa_enjoying_chilling_on_my_old_t-shirt.png

P1050038.jpg

P1050018.jpg

P1050017.jpg

Lost her brother in November to a sudden unexpected organ failure that was a berth defect that went unnoticed.

Other pets currently are
George and Mildred , brother and sister eastern bluetongue skinks , got as 2 month old babies , now 8 years old and going great.
Fluffy , adult female eastern water skink who came to me as a near dead rescue , believed about 3 years old.

AutoXSS

4 months old at purchase from breeder @ 57g December 17th

This was a week ago. Not sure if our gains are on target with him

KLB85

Original Poster
Aw Peppa is so cute, looks a lot like my guy, but she has a longer body. Sorry to hear about her brother :(

AutoXSS, your dragon is beautiful, very cool markings on the bottom of his/her tail!

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Reading this I'm slightly concerned my one year old girl is only 15 inches and not a lot over 200g. It's been a pain getting her to eat for over a month now but she isn't noticeably losing weight (and I've had a new UV for the last couple of weeks to try and pick up her appetite) but looking at most the sizes and weights people are talking about here she seems tiny. Is there a reason she's so small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom