What size and weight is your dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Temps are pretty much spot on 25 cold end 33 warm end 38 basking. I have a dimmer set to 16 at night which comes on if temps drop but not too bright. She's eaten a bit today and seems much more lively so guess the new uv is kicking in. Maybe she's just small? Seems to have barely grown in the last few months and not shed in about 4 months I assume the 2 are related. Fat pads arent sunk and she still enjoys exploring and running around the living room so not too worried.

KLB85

Original Poster
Maybe have his poo tested for parasites at the vet. This could be the reason he's not gaining weight. I haven't had this happen with mine, but I've read about it on here, that after the medication is finished for the beardie, they start growing and gaining weight again!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

My beardies weights are:

View media item 60463 Cisco is 3 yrs old, 1 pound 2 oz, and 19".

View media item 60828 Thor is my Semi-paralysed, Stunted, and Special needs beardie Who is (not entirely sure of age but think three yrs). 8.4 oz (trying to get him to gain more weight). and 17".

View media item 61120 Daisy is my newest member/rescue and is 11.6 oz, and 17-18".

Everyone's beardies are SO cute! :love5:

-HippieLizards.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
My Iggy is currently 37.5 cm long (14.75 inches) and weighs 380 grams or so, having lost quite a bit in the past few weeks due to illness :( I expect he'd be in the mid-four hundreds otherwise if not for this sickness. Iggus' age has been debated a little, with some saying he's more close to a year old whilst I was told by the pet-store that he should be 9 months old or so now. Who knows ^ ^

I'm loving all the other Beardies that have been posted here <3

87110-7632251866.jpg
This is my girl Izzy she is 1 year 10 months, 57cm and weighs 717g. Her dad was long too. Looking at all your posts makes me think she’s a freak!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Dragon2016":1q6qhhy1 said:
87110-7632251866.jpg
This is my girl Izzy she is 1 year 10 months, 57cm and weighs 717g. Her dad was long too. Looking at all your posts makes me think she’s a freak!

Hello,

Your beardie is definitely NOT a freak in any way! She is BEAUTIFUL! :love10:
I Love the Alien-black eyes!

WOW she is huge! and only for a year and ten months. That's insane.
-HippieLizards.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Izziy looks like a big beautiful red dragon. :) Are you sure she weighs that much ? It might be the angle but she doesn't look that heavy.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
HippieLizards":286rojo7 said:
Dragon2016":286rojo7 said:
87110-7632251866.jpg

Hello,

Your beardie is definitely NOT a freak in any way! She is BEAUTIFUL! :love10:
I Love the Alien-black eyes!

WOW she is huge! and only for a year and ten months. That's insane.
-HippieLizards.

Sounds like my Peppa .... Izzy is going to be big girl too.

Lilo12

Aww poor thing, i hope she recovers quickly!

My girl is 2 years old, 18 1/2 inches long and weighs 723 grams today. She came to me chunky and I've been trying to get her weight down slowly but she's been staying around the same weight. Lol looks like I need to review the diet/exercise plan I have for her

92897-8435452873.jpg
please excuse the morning stink eye lol

KLB85

Original Poster
Lol she's so cute, we all know that morning stink eye quite well :lol: How many veggies to bug ratio does she eat? My guy is 8 months old and still won't take to his veggies, only a bite here and there. He's a bit overweight too, so I'm trying to slow down his buggy intake, but I'm too soft to starve him out until he eats his salad, like some people recommend. I just started his diet a week or so ago, and he's still growing, so it'll be a bit hard to tell how it goes, but we'll see!

Lilo12

Lol she's so cute, we all know that morning stink eye quite well  How many veggies to bug ratio does she eat? My guy is 8 months old and still won't take to his veggies, only a bite here and there. He's a bit overweight too, so I'm trying to slow down his buggy intake, but I'm too soft to starve him out until he eats his salad, like some people recommend. I just started his diet a week or so ago, and he's still growing, so it'll be a bit hard to tell how it goes, but we'll see!

I'd say about 80% greens/veggies and 20% bugs. Occasionally she skips her greens (offered daily) for a day or two and other days she will skip the bugs (offered twice a week). She's alert, active and healthy so I just roll with what she wants to do. I stick with hornworms, discoid roaches, and Phoenix worms as her stable bugs. I avoid superworms and waxworms since they have more fat.

On the days I'm off work (3 days a week) , I try to let her run around the Florida room (floor to ceiling windows) for at least 3-4 hours after she had enough time to bask under her lights. She loves it and runs around all over or basks in the sunlight that shines through the windows lol. I get home late from work the other days, so by the time I'm home, she just wants to sleep. I give her a cuddle for an hour or two every night before I go to bed. She also gets about 10 to 15 minutes during my lunch break when i can make it home for a stretch out of the enclosure but I don't really consider enough time for a good exercise.

Lol I'm the same way, I couldn't starve her out if she suddenly decided to stop eating her greens. So far I've been lucky!

Good luck with your boy's diet! He's still young and hopefully will like his salads more. I found variety is a good trick. And he might grow into that little extra weight lol! I love those pictures of him! He has such pretty colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom