Starving beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on Craigslist looking at some bearded dragons. I sometimes like to do this for some cheap accessories people sell.
Anyways I saw one person selling their bearded dragon for $180.. The pictures of this poor beardie was absolutely heartbreaking.. This poor thing was in, what looked like, a 10 or 20 gallon with no substrate and one peice of driftwood. However, the saddest part was the lifeless looking malnourished bearded dragon. Seriously, you could see this poor little guy's bones throughout it's tail and his hipebones, frail skinny legs, and no head fat pads. I have never seen a beardie look this bad..
I am just so heartbroken, I haven't been able to stop looking at the picture since i saw it yesterday.. This has been plaguing my mind! What should I do?? I can't take another I simply don't have the funds or space for another beardie. I seriously don't know what to do..

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
pikachuomg":i4gl3jk1 said:
I was on Craigslist looking at some bearded dragons. I sometimes like to do this for some cheap accessories people sell.
Anyways I saw one person selling their bearded dragon for $180.. The pictures of this poor beardie was absolutely heartbreaking.. This poor thing was in, what looked like, a 10 or 20 gallon with no substrate and one peice of driftwood. However, the saddest part was the lifeless looking malnourished bearded dragon. Seriously, you could see this poor little guy's bones throughout it's tail and his hipebones, frail skinny legs, and no head fat pads. I have never seen a beardie look this bad..
I am just so heartbroken, I haven't been able to stop looking at the picture since i saw it yesterday.. This has been plaguing my mind! What should I do?? I can't take another I simply don't have the funds or space for another beardie. I seriously don't know what to do..

Post the URL or photos of the unfortunate dragon else this didn't happen.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Pika, it's nice of you to care about the poor thing, those kinds of pics are always heart breaking. :( it is very sad to see things like that, unfortunately this kind of thing happens everywhere. Maybe if you post it here someone in that area can rescue it. Whatever you do, don't go off on the people, they may do something to get rid of it if people point out what horrible owners they are, etc.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I know, I too have come across such posts while scouring craigslist. It makes me honestly wonder. People will say "One Healthy Bearded Dragon..." and I think, do they REALLY believe that? To me, there is no way any decent person would look at such an animal and say, "Yep, that is definitely a healthy, well taken care of beardie." It makes me really mad sometimes, but since I am unable to take in another animal at this time, I can't really say anything :cry:

pikachuomg

Original Poster
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/for/d/bearded-dragon/6464937973.html

Yeah.. I am so tempted to message them and tell them their beardie is severely malnourished, and they need to do right by that poor thing! ? My heart seriously can't take looking at this photo..

How can a sane person seriously be asking 180 for this poor guy?? ?? I want to take him so freaking bad!
I think the person still end up giving it for free at the end though cuz it needs to go "ASAP"

I really hope one of you good hearted beardie lovers can rescue this poor little guy. ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor thing, doesn't have much longer in that condition. :( It says best offer so if someone could offer a bare minimum they might be able to nurse him back possibly, but it would take some time.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
This is absolutely horrific. Are there any reptile rescues you could contact, to see if they could take it?? Like AHBD mentioned, this guy isn't going to last too much longer, he needs help NOW.

pikachuomg

Original Poster
I know of star eco station, im currently talking to somebody about if I could take the beardie there..
I'm thinking I could buy that beardie for very cheap I can take it over there. ?
poor little guy.. How could somebody do this to a living creature..?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is very sad indeed!
I don't understand how anyone could think he was in any type of decent condition. How
sad, I really hope someone can take him in to get him out of that situation as soon as
possible!
Unfortunately, this happens all of the time, too. :cry:

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
That dragon has been neglected for a very long time .... it needs to be surrendered to a reptile rescuer , the seller is kidding themself and I can't see how anyone will give them $180 for a dragon in such an emaciated and poor state.
Looks to me like they have not bothered to feed it for a very long time - I'd say several months , IMO this is animal abuse and extreme cruelty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom