help me sex my dragon!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
If it has one bump slightly above the vent its female, if its male it should have two bumps on either side. However at that age it may be hard to tell to the untrained eye, once you learn how to tell it can be fairly easy.
The pictures arent the best, try to take another one. With them on a flat surface, lift their tail up a bit enough to show the vent somewhat.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, no way to know with that photo at all. Put him on all-fours and look at him from behind. Then arch his tail way over his back as far as it will go (like a very happy dog) and take a photo of the area on the bottom of his tail, right above his vent.

ryknoll3

Also hard to tell from the picture if you are, so if not I apologize, but please don't ever hold him on his back upside down. They can't breathe properly when they are on their backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom