Scales facing the wrong way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonSon626

Hello,

I have just recently acquired and beardy from my nan as she cannot look after it anymore. He is about 1 and a half year old and is still a bit stressed from the move and hasn't eaten in a few days now. I have average experience with this animal, i understand his diet and temperature but i am worried about his scales on his tale. Some of the scales are facing the wrong way and are sore to the touch. is this a vet job or is there anything i can do myself? :? PS. Sorry for the red, he has been rolling in strawberry's :lol:

96768-9207829521.jpg

96768-118262377.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Ron, it's just an uneven shed that many beardies go through with some random scales lifting off here + there. If he's O.K with being soaked, put him in about 2" of warm water [ do this no later than early evening so he has time to dry off ] for about 10 minutes and if you have an old toothbrush or washcloth you can lightly stroke down the tail in the same direction as the scales. Never pull any shed off though, that would be painful. After a 10 minute soak you can pat him dry + put him back in the heat for a few hours to let his scales dry completely.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks like a very handsome dragon! :D Congratulations on acquiring a wonderful friend,
you are going to absolutely love him..
He is just going to shed, no worries, it will all even out once the old skin sheds off.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom