Sexing Help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

barny

I've had Norbert (9 wks old) for a little over a month. A few days ago I noticed that lumps had formed on the underside of their tail. They look like a male in my opinion but Norbert is my first bearded dragon so I don't have much experience. Can anyone tell me what gender Norbert appears to be?
95583-1013421123.jpg
95583-3319932395.jpg

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
9wks is too young to accurately sex a bearded dragon. I agree that those do look like hemipene lumps, but you would have to wait until he's about 6 months old to be sure.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It is a boy. If the hemipenes are visible even at 2 weeks old then it's a boy. Some males just aren't apparent at all until an older age, but once you see the hemipenes, which can look like tiny toothpicks under the skin in a young dragon like this, it is a male.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
AHBD":38elvi0g said:
It is a boy. If the hemipenes are visible even at 2 weeks old then it's a boy. Some males just aren't apparent at all until an older age, but once you see the hemipenes, which can look like tiny toothpicks under the skin in a young dragon like this, it is a male.

That's news to me! The more you know... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom